What It's All About
In March 2015, Student Success Initiatives piloted a new academic support event aimed at providing services and assistance to students before exams to promote productive and proactive study habits.
Mohawk's largest study session, Carpe Noctem, is back! Join us for a night of FREE drop-in tutoring and academic support before exams. Over 60 staff including Peer Tutors, P.A.S.S. Leaders and Student Success Advisors (SSA's) and other college staff will be available to help you get prepared for final assignments and exams.
Over 400 students seized the night in Winter 2017. Will you join us in the winter?
Tuesday March 13 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM The Arnie FREE drop-in tutoring!
- Open study spaces in the Arnie
- Over 60 Peer Tutors
- ESL Conversation Club
- P.A.S.S. Sessions in the Heath Lounge
- Student Success Advisors (SSA's) and staff from the Library, plus other campus partners!
- Chili bar and study snacks available throughout the night
Prizes & Giveaways!
- VIP Packages available to earn you and 3 friends preferred seating, specially ordered study snacks and VIP Kits valued at $100! To enter, visit the Learning Support Centre (C122), the Library, Social Inc. (G122), MCACES (F114) or the Language and Cultural Centre (J137).
- Win a Study Survival Kit valued at over $100. Post about #MoCarpeNoctem to @MohawkLSC on Twitter and Instagram for a chance to win!
- FREE Study Packs valued at $50 given out every hour through random draw
- FREE study supplies and stress busters
Check Out Past Events
- Video: Winter 2017 Day before Carpe Noctem (opens new window)
- Video: Fall 2016 Carpe Noctem: Sieze the Night (opens new window)
- Mohawk's Largest Study Session Returns Fall 2016 (open new window)
- Help with your finals by Ignite News (opens new window)
- Video: MoCast episode 24, Carpe Noctem 2015 (opens new window)
- Video: Carpe Noctem at the LSC (opens new window)
- Video: Carpe Noctem (opens new window)
- Visit the Learning Support Centre (C122) at the Fennell Campus
- Phone: 905-575-1212 ext. 3279
- Co-presented by the Mohawk Students' Association