If you require Off-Site Testing
We highly recommend that you complete your HOAE test at our Fennell Campus in Hamilton. However, if you live more than 200 km from the Fennell Campus and cannot make the trip to Hamilton, you can request to have your test externally proctored.
Off-Site Testing Guidelines
- It is the student's responsibility to arrange for an alternate test location (community college or university) with a certified testing center and ensure a qualified invigilator is present to administer the test. The alternate test location must be able to provide the student with a computer and internet connection through which the test will be administered.
- The HOAE must be scheduled to begin and end within Mohawk College's Assessment Centre routine office hours, which are Monday to Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm Eastern Time Zone (GMT/UTC).
- The student is responsible for any additional fees charged by the alternate testing location.
- Mohawk College does not assume any responsibility for problems encountered at the alternate testing facility.
- The HOAE must be completed by the deadline date with the alternate location.
To request off-site testing:
- Contact the Pre-Admission Testing Centre at 905-575-2448 or 519-759-7200 ext. 2448 to request an application form for off-site testing. You will be required to complete a student and proctor agreement in order to process this request.
- Fax your completed application form to 905-575-2112. Please note: We require at least five business days' notice prior to your scheduled test date to process off-site testing requests and to forward documentation to the alternate location.