Laptops/Chromebooks are available for loan at all Library TECH BAR locations. Loan duration is 4 hours for use anywhere on campus. If you need to borrow a laptop for a longer period of time, contact the IT Service Desk and ask about their laptop loan service.
The laptops/Chromebooks connect to the college's wireless network and come equipped with standard software (including Microsoft Office) and support printing from all printers in the college.
To borrow you must:
- be a current full-time Mohawk Student
- complete a Technology Loan Agreement form once per academic year
- show staff a valid Mohawk ONE Card (must have an HSR bus sticker to prove you are a full-time student)
- Loans are for academic purposes only
- Items cannot be taken off-campus
- Loans are 4-hour periods or 30 minutes before the library closes - whichever comes first
- Renewals are permitted only if there are other laptops available for loan
- Do not leave Laptops/Chromebooks unattended
- If there is a fire alarm, quickly save your files and take the Laptop/Chromebook out of the building with you
All items must be returned on time to a Library TECH BAR. If the TECH BAR is closed, items can be returned to the Customer Service Desk in the Library. Wait for a staff member to check in your item. Do not leave it on the counter unattended.
Fines & Replacement Costs
Fines for late returns are $5.00 per hour. Once your fines reach $10.00, a “hold” will be placed on your access to Library and College services. Until the library hold is resolved, you will not be able to register for courses, receive your grades or borrow library material.
You are responsible for any equipment lost, damaged or stolen. Damage charges will be assessed based on the actual repair costs if the laptop is returned damaged or incomplete. If the laptop is damaged beyond repair or you do not return the laptop, you will be charged the full replacement cost.