Downloading is not required in order to read eBooks. You may read most eBooks on your computer or mobile device without downloading them. Simply click the "PDF Full Text" or "EPUB Full Text" link to start reading. You can also click on the "Table of Contents" link to see an overview of the eBook or click on the "Most Relevant Pages From This eBook" link to see pages relevant to your search terms.
Downloading is beneficial if you wish to read an eBook offline.
You can save or email pages from an eBook without downloading the eBook. Whether or not you can save or email pages and the number of pages you may save or email differs according to the publisher of the eBook. Look for the "publisher permissions" section of the eBook record for details. Once pages are saved, you may print them.
The Save and Email functions are located at the top of the PDF display.
Downloading EBSCOhost eBooks to a Mobile Device
You will need the following:
- Download the Bluefire Reader App
- Create an Adobe ID
- Authorize the Bluefire app with your Adobe ID
- Use your device's web browser to search for the Mohawk Library eBook Collection on EBSCOhost
- Tap an eBook image in the result list for the eBook you would like to download
- Tap the Download (Offline) link for the eBook
- Sign into EBSCOhost with your personal account, or set up an account if you do not have one. Note: This is a different account from your Mohawk College or MyMohawk account.
- Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu
- Tap the Checkout & Download button
- Once the eBook downloads, tap Open in Bluefire Reader to open the file to begin reading the eBook
Downloading EBSCOhost eBooks to your Desktop
- Download and install Adobe Digital Editions to read the eBook on your desktop computer.
- Sign into EBSCOhost eBooks with your personal account. Or set one up if you do not have one. Note: This is a different account from your MyMohawk account.
- Search for an eBook
- Click the “Download (Offline)” link and the "Check out and Download the eBook" button
- A message will indicate it has been successfully checked out
- An Adobe Editions dialog box may open. Click OK and the eBook will open in Adobe Editions
- If the eBook does not open, click the link to “View Your Checkouts Folder Now”
- Click on the link within your Checkouts Folder
- Click the “Download (Offline)” link to download the eBook
- You will be prompted to open the file in Adobe Digital Editions
- Need to return the eBook early? Follow these steps to return an EBSCOhost eBook early
- Unlike eBooks, downloading is required for listening to Audiobooks
- To listen to an Audiobook on a tablet or other device, iTunes or Windows Media Player is required More information is below.
Downloading EBSCOhost Audiobooks to your Desktop
- Sign into EBSCOhost Audio Books with your personal account. Or set one up if you do not have one. This is a different account from your Mohawk College or MyMohawk account.
- Download and install the Download Manager Installer. You will be prompted to download it the first time you attempt to download an audiobook.
- You will be prompted in the same window to also check out and download your selected audiobook. Select to save to PC or Mac. You will also be asked if you would like to access the audiobook in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- Once the audiobook has been checked out, a message will indicate success.
- Click on the link to view your Checkouts Folder. Locate the title in the folder and click the "Download" link to download the audiobook. The Download Manager will open and begin the download.
- Go to the application you earlier, iTunes or Windows Media Player, to locate the file and play it.
- Need to return the audiobook early? Follow these steps to return an EBSCOhost audiobook early.
Audiobooks can be transferred to some devices using the Download Manager software. They can be transferred using iTunes or Windows Media Player only. See a list of supported devices.