Environmental Management Plan 2.0
The Environmental Management Plan (EMP 2.0) reaffirmed Mohawk’s commitment to reducing its impact on the environment, and ensuring social and financial resiliency while providing opportunities to engage staff, students and the community in an ever-growing culture of sustainability.
Read the Mohawk College Environmental Management Plan 2.0 (opens PDF, 24mb)
The Sustainability Impact Report provides a snapshot of sustainability initiatives and progress in campus operations, student engagement, and curriculum and research. The report also celebrates the successes of the Environmental Management Plan (EMP 2.0), with a special focus on the 2018/2019 academic year.
View the Sustainability Impact Report or [Open PDF version (2.9MB)]
- Mohawk was the first college in Ontario to adopt a comprehensive environmental management plan in 2011
- Achieved 63% reduction in direct campus carbon emissions in 2018/2019 compared to the 2007 baseline
- More than 6,000 students, employees and alumni engaged through sustainability outreach in 2018/2019
- Built Canada's largest and the region's first Zero Carbon institutional building, The Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation
- Fifteen sustainability-focused applied research projects launched through IDEAWORKS
- Centre for Climate Change Management established in 2017 as a regional hub for climate action
Mohawk College is in the process of creating a new sustainability plan. The plan will guide:
- sustainable campus operations in areas such as waste, energy, transportation and food
- strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs)
- ways to effectively communicate and report on the College's progress
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, please contact: sustainability [at] mohawkcollege.ca