An online learning course is one you take without meeting a teacher in a classroom. You can study at home or at work - wherever you like, whenever you like, within a prescribed time frame. The courses have a set schedule and are delivered over a 14 week period. Most courses do not require that you be online at a certain time of day or night, but that you are active in the course during the schedule. You cannot start courses late nor finish early.
Why should I take an Online Learning course?
There are many benefits of taking an online learning course. Some are:
- Work in the comfort of your own home or office
- Cost Efficient – no need to travel to the college, and no parking or babysitting expenses
- Courses fit into life, family and work schedule
- Avoid late arrivals to class or class distractions
- Enables the opportunity to ask questions spontaneously
- Instructors are accessible and approachable
- Students have access to their course 24/7
- 24/7 help desk is available for OntarioLearn students
- May be less intimidating than in a classroom setting
- Students are able to enhance their technology and Internet skills
- Accommodates different learning styles using a variety of delivery methods
Is Online Learning for me?
If you prefer to study at your own pace in the comfort of your home or office, or if you live a distance from our campuses, these courses are for you. Although online learning is a convenient way to take courses, it is not necessarily suited to all students. Some students find it difficult to study independently and need the face to face interaction with the instructor and students that is found in a classroom setting. Online learning students must have self-discipline and excellent reading, writing, and analytic skills.
To find out if online learning is for you, take a short quiz, courtesy of OntarioLearn, at the OntarioLearn (opens new window) website.
Information on OntarioLearn courses. Find out how to get started on OntarioLearn.
Information on eLearn courses, including registration deadlines, start-up information and refunds.
Monthly Intake Courses
Monthly intake courses are additional offerings of courses starting at the beginning of each month.
Everything you need to know about booking and writing your online learning exam.
Textbooks are not included in course fees. Order your textbooks online at mohawk.bookware3000.ca