New Supports for Our Adult Dual Credit Students!
Mohawk College, in partnership with our local school boards and the School College Work Initiative, has introduced an exciting new program:
After Adult Dual Credits (or After ADC) adds a brand new dimension to our Adult Dual Credit program. We will help guide students in this program towards postsecondary education and career success.
How does it work? After ADC runs during and after your Adult Dual Credit program, and it includes support in:
- Finding and exploring postsecondary programs that interest you and can lead you to a successful career
- Creating a plan for postsecondary education and beyond
- Applying to college or university - we pay the application fee!
- Finding financing for postsecondary education, including OSAP, bursaries, and scholarships
- Navigating the application and registration process
Are you an Adult Dual Credit student? If yes, then you are automatically enrolled! A college adviser will work with you in small groups and one-to-one to help you prepare for your postsecondary experience. Your college adviser will connect with you during your Adult Dual Credit class.
Are you interested in Adult Dual Credits, but not yet enrolled in an Adult Education program? Learn about Adult Education programs in Hamilton and Halton at these links:
Remember: All Adult Dual Credit registrations MUST be completed through your high school's Student Services or Guidance department. Contact your Student Services or Guidance department to see which option is best for you.
Below is a sample of the Dual Credits we have run in recent years. Please contact your high school's Student Services of Guidance department to see if these courses are still available.
- College 101 (SSCI 10075)
- Introduction to Health and Wellness (HLTH 10081)
- Introduction to Recreation Therapy (RECT 10001)
- Social Journalism (MCOM 10104)