Looking for work?
We can help!
Looking for full time or part time work? New to the Hamilton job market? New grad? Not hearing back from employers? We’re here to help. We assist ANYONE looking for work in the Hamilton or Stoney Creek communities, including accessing government funding for Second Career retraining.
Employment Resource Centre
- The Employment Resource Centre is a free community resource open to anyone looking for work, whether full-time, part-time, or just for the summer.
- The Employment Resource Centre provides:
- Walk-in access to written, audio-visual and computer based material on careers, occupations, employment, the job market, training opportunities and job search skills and strategies
- Staff assistance
- Now Offering
- InterviewStream - free online video practice interviewing
- StrengthsQuest - free online guidance and ideas for your career path.
Free walk-in services include
- Internet Access
- Resume Critique
- Job Postings
- Post-secondary Resources
- Apprenticeship Info
- Career Exploration Resources
Looking for a Part time or Full time Job?
Participate in one of our in-class or on-line workshops to brush up on the current employment trends.
To view the Fennell Campus workshop schedule (PDF):
To view the Centennial location workshop schedule
e-Portfolio Foundations in-class Workshop
(call to inquire 905-575-2177)
Please CALL 905-575-2177 TO REGISTER
Second Career Funding
This Employment Ontario service is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.
Second Career helps laid-off workers get the skills training they need for high-demand jobs in their communities.
Second Career was launched in June 2008 to help laid-off Ontarians identify and train for new careers in growing sectors. Second Career provides financial support for tuition, books, travel and other expenses to help eligible workers participate in training programs.
How do I apply for Second Career funding?
If you are interested in training for a new career, please contact us by phone at 905-575-2177, email us, or visit us
Take advantage of the funded pre-apprenticeship training programs offered out of Stoney Creek Campus of Mohawk College. These programs provide individuals with an equivalent of Level 1 apprenticeship in an approved trade. They are funded through the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities and offered once/year in various trades.