Do you want to learn English while you have fun creating photography and video projects? The LINC Youth program might be for you!
For newcomer youths age 18-25.
In the class, you will:
- learn English to feel more confident when communicating with others.
- learn techniques to take good photos and use them to tell a story.
- create a digital portfolio of your amazing work.
- learn to create short and fun video projects.
- connect with valuable resources available at Mohawk College.
- develop online skills for academic and workplace settings.
- have access to one-on-one professional support.
Classes available for students ages 18-25:
- LINC Youth Media
- For students with English level 1 to 2 (Canadian Language Benchmark - CLB assessment).
- The LINC Media class will help you build the skills needed to move into the Youth Photo class.
- LINC Youth Photography
- For students with English level 2 to 3. (CLB assessment)
- The LINC Photography class will help you move into the Youth Video class or other higher-level LINC classes that lead into post-secondary admission at Mohawk College.
- LINC Youth Video
- For students with English level 4 to 5. (CLB assessment)
- The LINC Video class leads to higher-level LINC classes that meet the English requirement for post-secondary admission at Mohawk College
Are you eligible?
To be eligible, you must be:
- a permanent resident of Canada, a protected person (with Notice of Decision), or a Ukrainian temporary resident or their dependents;
- 18 to 25 years old;
- available to attend in-person classes at Fennell Campus (135 Fennell Ave West, Hamilton) and online classes;
- with valid proof of your Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) assessment at level 1 to 5.
- Don't have proof of CLB? Contact YMCA Immigrant Services to book an appointment to take the assessment: (905) 662-9400 or (905) 526-8452
- The assessment has no cost for permanent residents and protected persons.
Questions? Contact us!
- Phone: 905-575-2421
- Email: LearnEnglish [at] mohawkcollege.ca (LearnEnglish[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca)
- Social media: Linktree - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter
- Or connect with our staff on an info session:
Students need to have access to the following:
- A high-speed internet connection.
- A computer or laptop with a camera, microphone, and sound.
- A comfortable place where you can interact with your classmates and teachers. This will help you to learn better and faster!
Enjoy some of the projects made by students in the LINC for Youth Video class.
Students produce a documentary about an issue that affects their lives as young newcomers:
Souhaitez-vous obtenir des services en français? Si oui, cliquez ici