Am I eligible for Dual Credits?
Does the Dual Credit program sound like something that might be right for you? You may be eligible for Dual Credits at Mohawk College if:
- You are currently enrolled in secondary school with one of our school board partners:
- Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board
- Hamilton Wentworth District School Board
- Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board (Select schools only!)
- Grand Erie District School Board (Select schools only!)
- Halton District School Board (Select schools only!)
- Halton Catholic District School Board (Select schools only!)
- You are close to completing your Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) - Grade 12 students preferred!
- You have the potential to succeed in college or an apprenticeship
- You need extra support or motivation to complete your last few high school credits OR you are part of the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP)
In most of our Dual Credit programs (excluding OYAP programs), priority for enrolment will be given to students who face significant challenges in completing the requirements for high school graduation but have the potential to succeed in college or an apprenticeship. This includes students who have left school before graduating and are interested in returning to school.
Dual credits are NOT for students who:
- Are in grade 10 or earlier
- Are 16 years of age or younger
- Are not ready to consider a college or an apprenticeship pathway
- Are not enrolled at an Ontario publicly funded secondary school
How can I enrol in Dual Credits?
Do you think that Dual Credits might be right for you? All you need to do is:
- Meet with your high school Student Services or Guidance department to find out the best option for you.
- Your Student Services or Guidance department will sign you up.
Interested? Contact your high school Student Services or Guidance department today!