Mohawk College Alumni Business Directory – Mohawk College
The Mohawk College Alumni Business Directory (the “Directory”) is a complimentary directory service offered by the Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology (“Mohawk College”) to its students and alumni who are over the age of 16 (the “Community”).
All of the Directory listings are created and provided by members of the Community. All of the products, information and services described in the listings are provided by the Community member(s) who created the individual listing. Mohawk College is neither responsible nor liable in any way for the listings or the products or services described therein.
FOR ALL USERS OF THE DIRECTORY:
By using or accessing the Directory, you acknowledge and understand:
Your use of the Directory is strictly voluntary and at your own risk;
- The Directory is offered on an “as is” basis and Mohawk College is not responsible for and makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of any content in the Directory
- You are solely responsible for your use of and/or reliance on any of the products, information and services listed in the Directory
- Mohawk College is not responsible or liable for, and will not provide any assistance with issues related to your use of or reliance on the Directory or any of the products, information and services listed therein
- Mohawk College does not warrant and has no control over the availability of the Directory or its compatibility with any computer, device or system
- You are solely responsible for any personal, sensitive or confidential information that you provide related to your use of the Directory. Mohawk College cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide in the Directory.
While using or accessing the Directory, you agree at all times to:
- Be familiar with and comply with Acceptable Employee Use of IT Resources Policy PDF (1549kb) and Acceptable Student Use of IT Resources Policy PDF (1532kb)
- Not knowingly misrepresent your identity or any other fact or statement that you may make in the Directory
- Not grant access to the Directory to any other person or entity
- Not upload, post, share or spread any statements or material that are discriminatory, offensive, contrary to applicable law, or otherwise inappropriate for a commercial business service
You further acknowledge and understand that, by using or accessing the Community, you are waiving certain legal rights, including your right to seek damages or compensation of any kind from Mohawk College for any reason to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
You hereby irrevocably release Mohawk College from any responsibility or liability associated with or in any way arising from your use of or reliance on the Directory.
You hereby indemnify Mohawk College and its directors, officers, Board of Governors, students, employees, servants and/or agents from all damage, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal costs), claims, demands, actions, suits or proceedings which may arise directly or indirectly as a result of your use of or reliance on the Directory or any products, information or services used or access as a direct or indirect result thereof, whether or not such claims are initiated by third parties or arise between the parties.
Mohawk College reserves the right, at its sole discretion, but disclaims any responsibility, to delete any content in the Directory, or to restrict access to the Directory to any person including members of the Community on a temporary or permanent basis.
FOR USERS CREATING LISTINGS IN THE DIRECTORY:
Alumni members may share information for the creation or modification of their own listing or other content in the Directory subject to the following conditions and hereby agree at all times to:
- Comply at all times with the terms and conditions imposed on All Users of the Directory, listed above;
- Refrain from creating any listings or offering any products, information or services that:
- Violate any Mohawk College’s policies;
- Contain or reference any matter or thing that is discriminatory, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Violate any applicable law
- Refrain from refusing to provide products, information or services listed in the Directory in a discriminatory manner
- Ensure that your listings are and remain true and accurate and do not contain any misrepresentations of any kind, including but not limited to the nature, scope, price or availability of any products, information or services contained therein
- Immediately correct any error or misrepresentation contained in your listings, and to immediately notify Mohawk College if you are prevented from or otherwise unable to correct any such error or misrepresentation
- Accept all responsibility and liability for maintaining the accuracy of your listings and hereby acknowledge that Mohawk College has no responsibility and is not liable for any failure or refusal to do so.
You hereby shall indemnify Mohawk College and its directors, officers, Board of Governors, students, employees, servants and/or agents from all damage, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal costs), claims, demands, actions, suits or proceedings which may arise directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Directory including any claim based on the use of your products, information or services directly or indirectly arising from your Listing brought against Mohawk College, its employees, agents and/or servants in the performance or purported performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement, whether or not such claims are initiated by third parties or arise between the parties.