Alumni of Distinction Award Nominations
The Alumni of Distinction Awards recognize graduates for their career achievements and community contributions that provide an exceptional source of inspiration for future generations. In honour of every recipient, the Alumni Association supports a bursary with a one-time donation of $500 to Mohawk College to support current students in achieving their goals.
Nominations are accepted from October to mid-February. Details on the 2024 nominations will be available in the fall. If you have any questions about the Alumni of Distinction Awards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the 2023 Alumni of Distinction recipients:
- Brian Hogben ’01 - Owner and Principal Broker, Mission35 Mortgages
- Scott Eccles ’06 - Owner, Eccles Auto Service
- Melanie Wong ’12 - Founder, Olive + Splash Bamboo Apparel
- Clare Freeman ’95 - Executive Director, Hamilton Community Legal Clinic
- Reta Ismail ’06 - News Anchor, CTV News London
- Tawnya Brant ’15 - Chef & Owner, Yawékon by Chef Tawnya Brant
- Phyllis Fehr ’91 - Dementia Advocate & Speaker
- Crystal Winchester ’05 - Professor, Mohawk College, Indigenous Liaison Officer, Correctional Service Canada
- Janet Greener ’22 - Founder, CEO & Principal, Beechwood Brainery Inc.
- Cheyanne Hammell ’07 - Manager, Special Projects, PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
Alumni of Distinction recipients will be presented their award at a celebration dinner on October 5, 2023.
Annually Mohawk College puts forth seven nominees to the Premier's Awards. Find out more about the Premier's Award
Search below to find past Alumni of Distinction Award Recipients
- Brian Hogben '01 Affinity
- Scott Eccles '06 Apprenticeship
- Melanie Wong '12 Business
- Clare Freeman '95 Community Services
- Reta Ismail '06 Creative Arts & Design
- Tawnya Brant '15 Entrepreneur
- Phyllis Fehr '91, '08 Health Sciences
- Crystal Winchester '05 Mohawk College Employee
- Janet Greener '04, '20, '22 Recent Graduate
- Cheyanne Hammell '07 Technology
- Stephen Aikman '93 Affinity
- Brad Arnold '02 Apprenticeship