Increase your confidence while improving your English for college, community involvement or the workplace with our free programs!
Important information: Please note that as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the programs listed below are delivered in an online format.
Do you want to improve your English?
Apply to LINC program and learn English for free at Mohawk College! LINC program is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- Develop Listening, Speaking, Writing and Reading skills for academic success, everyday life and the workplace.
- Learn Canadian culture
- Access to one-on-one Newcomer Academic and Career Advisor support.
Due to the pandemic, our courses are delivered in an online format. This means that you will be managing technology and you will need to have access to the following:
- A computer with a camera, microphone, and sound. We would love to see you and hear your voice during classes.
- A high-speed internet connection
- A comfortable place at home where you can interact with your classmates and teachers. This will help you to learn better and faster!
Who can apply to the free Programs for Newcomers?
- Permanent residents of Canada or protected persons (with Notice of Decision)
- With valid proof of Canadian Language Benchmark assessment at the required level of the program that you would like to take.
- Obtain your proof of Canadian Language Benchmark assessment at: YMCA Immigrant Services, 25 Main Street West, 905-526-8452, or 211 Centennial Parkway North, 905-662-9400. Or click here
What questions do you have?
Contact us: learnenglish [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: Question%20about%20LINC%20program)