New to Canada?
Workplace Preparation (also known as Enhanced Language Training) is a FREE program offered to qualified newcomers that have considerable background and experience from their country but have not yet worked in their field in Canada. Apply now to start on January 6!
Turn your international education and experience into a job opportunity. Develop the tools, strategies and confidence necessary to help you find a job in your field in Canada.
- expand your understanding about your profession in Canada.
- build a professional network within your field of interest and gain access to the hidden job market.
- develop strong job search and interview techniques.
- develop effective cover letters and resumes to highlight your skills.
- earn five micro-certifications supported by the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce.
- Newcomer Mentorship Program. (Visit the page of the program)
Who is eligible?
- Permanent residents of Canada or protected persons (with Notice of Decision) living in Ontario.
- With international education and relevant work experience from their country.
- With current proof of their Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) assessment at level 7 or higher
- To obtain proof of your CLB, please contact YMCA Immigrant Services at (905) 662-9400 or (905) 526-8452 or visit YMCA's page
Manoj Lalit credits the Workplace Preparation program at Mohawk College with getting two offers of jobs in his field. Manoj is an Accounts Payable (Finance & Accounting) professional from India with 15 years of experience. He began looking for work when he first arrived in Canada but became discouraged because he didn’t get any responses to his applications. He realized he needed to learn how to look for a job in Canada and that he needed expert guidance. He turned to the Workplace Preparation Program at Mohawk College and says that this program helped him to... Visit the page with the full testimonial
Questions? Attend an Information Session!
Tuesday, Feb. 2, from 12:30-1:30 pm
Wednesday, Feb. 3, from 3:30-4:30 pm
Thursday, Feb. 4, from 9:30-10:30 am