We are excited that you are interested in applying to Mohawk College! You’ll find everything you need in the sections below.
Due to high application volume, we process international applications on a priority basis, with visa-processing times, program availability, and regional application volumes as key considerations. Applications are also considered based on academic quality of applicants. For the best chance of acceptance, apply early and be aware of all application deadlines.
Applying via OCAS
Our quick and easy, online application system.
The OCAS International Application Service (IAS) application process will only take a few minutes. If you need to stop in the middle, your progress will be saved and you will be able to continue right where you left off when you return.
Begin your application:
Click the link to start the process. You will be asked basic information including
- Name - Enter both a first and last name in indicated fields if you have no last name and more than one first name.
- Country of Birth
- Program of Interest
Remember, at points in the application process you may be asked to upload a document or additional information. It can be helpful to prepare these items in advance.
Some items you may require include:
- A copy of Passport - Picture and Address Pages
- All Academic Transcripts - High school and higher
- High School Transcripts/Mark Sheets and Completion Certificates
- Degree/Diploma Transcripts/Mark Sheets and Completion Certificates
- Notarized and translated in English (online results not acceptable)
- English Proficiency Score Cards (i.e. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) or equivalent (if applicable) (online results not acceptable)
- Notarized Custodian Declaration (for those under the age of 18 by start of the class)
- Applicants already in Canada must also include:
- A copy of your valid study permit (or proof of your status to remain in Canada), and
- Proof of attendance from another institution (Letter of Acceptance and transcript) / completion certificate from a Canadian Educational Institution
- Applicants will be required to pay the non-refundable tuition deposit of $2,200 upon receiving their Offer of Admission to receive their Letter of Acceptance.
Not all uploads are required for every student. Save time and determine what’s needed for your application.
Confirm Offer of Admission
Confirming Your Offer of Admission
Be sure to accept your Offer of Admission, and pay your fees, by the due date.
The Offer of Admission is not a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) and can be conditional or unconditional. In order to receive an LOA you must accept your Offer of Admission and pay the required fees. This Offer of Admission cannot be used to obtain a study visa.
When you receive an Offer of Admission from Mohawk, you must then confirm you accept the offer, and pay fees, before the due date on your letter. This is done online through the OCAS International Applicant portal.
Some tips to keep in mind:
- You may confirm one Mohawk program and maintain your place on a wait list for another Mohawk program.
- If you are currently completing required subjects, you will be admitted on the condition that you complete academic subject requirements.
- Any additional criteria such as portfolios and/or questionnaires may be required.
- See the Methods of Payment website for details on How to Pay.
- If you are working with an authorized representative of Mohawk College, you will need to work directly with the agent to update your application in the OCAS International Applicant portal.
Offer of Admission Disclaimer
Mohawk College, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to alter information, including but not limited to, modifying program availability, program length, campus locations, or curriculum, or to adjust fees, admission requirements, policies or procedures at any time. The College would make such changes to meet competencies in the job market and/or as prescribed by its governing Ministry, or for budgetary reasons or for other reasons it deems necessary. The College reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission both prior to and after its acceptance by an applicant or student because of insufficient applications or registrations, over-acceptance of offers of admission, budgetary constraints, or for other such reasons. Prompt notice will be given to all affected applicants and students. The College shall not accept any liability for the consequences of these changes.
Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
Your LOA is an important document full of time-sensitive information.
Your Letter of Acceptance will contain one of 2 messages:
Accepted: If your letter indicates you have been accepted unconditionally to your program, your next step is to pay any remaining tuition by the deadline.
Accepted with Conditions: If your letter indicates you have been accepted conditionally to your program, your next step is to pay any remaining tuition by the deadline and meet the condition to earn a seat in your program.
A condition may be as simple as providing additional academic documentation, or it might be something like needing to upgrade English or math skills. Your Letter of Acceptance will have all the information.
See the Methods of Payment website for details on How to Pay.
Note: Your seat in your program is not saved until all conditions have been met, tuition fees have been paid in full and proof of visa approval has been received by Mohawk. Be sure to upload proof of visa approval as soon as you receive it, otherwise you may lose your seat.
Program Full: Many of our programs fill quickly. If you receive a “Waitlist” message, unfortunately we will not be able to offer you a seat in the program you have chosen. You can speak to your Market Specialist about other program options.
Tip: Please read your Letter of Acceptance carefully as it contains a great deal of important information. You will also need your Letter of Acceptance when you apply for your Study Permit to study in Canada. Please upload this information when available to your personal profile on the OCAS International Applicant Portal.
What is ApplyProof?
Mohawk College has partnered with ApplyProof, to support the success of students enrolling at our institution. The ApplyProof platform allows our students to know that their documents are authentic and can be verified by immigration officials.
When students apply for a study permit, they can have confidence in taking their next steps to study abroad. The secure access portal, powered and protected by ApplyProof, provides password protected security for students.
Step 1 - Using the ApplyProof Link:
Upon receipt of your Congratulations message a link will be included for you to access your official document electronically, by entering the passcode.
Step 2 - Using a Passcode to retrieve the document:
Instructions for entering the passcode are available in the message. Those unsure of how to access their secure document should contact their Market Specialist.
When you receive your Letter of Acceptance (normally sent to you by email), it is important to respond to confirm your intention to attend Mohawk College. To hold your seat in your program, a deposit is required at that time. Your Letter of Acceptance will have all the details including your confirmation deadline.
What to do next:
Review your Letter of Acceptance in detail to ensure you meet all College deadlines, including tuition. If the tuition deadline has already passed, then full fees are due immediately. See full instructions on your LOA.
Payments can be made, in CANADIAN dollars, by Visa, MasterCard, money order, certified cheque or wire transfer. All payment details can be found in the Letter of Acceptance or, please refer to our Payment page.
Apply for Study Permit
In some countries, this can take up to 6 months. DO NOT DELAY.
To study in Canada, international students must have a Study Permit (sometimes called a study visa) issued by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada. In some cases, a Temporary Resident Visa is required in addition to the Study Permit. Please see the Canada Immigration website Canada Immigration website to determine if you require a Temporary Resident Visa.
The permit approval process takes time and is longer for students from some countries. To begin the Study Permit application process, you must have already received a Letter of Acceptance from Mohawk College.
Tip: We encourage you to begin the Study Permit application process as soon as you receive your Letter of Acceptance. Be sure to send upload proof of Study Permit acceptance as soon as you receive it, otherwise you may lose your seat.
First time Study Permit applicants are encouraged to visit Visa offices outside Canada to learn more about the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) application process and to be aware of special programs available to applicants from specific countries like the Student Direct Stream. UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, if you are applying for a study permit from outside Canada, you must apply online. See the IRCC website for details.
When you receive your Study Permit, please notify Mohawk College (follow the instructions in your Letter of Acceptance). Then, you can start arranging travel to Canada and begin to organize where you’ll be living while attending Mohawk College.
Tip: When submitting documents to immigration, keep a copy of your full application package and all documentation. Send your application via courier and record the confirmation number in a safe place.
If you are completing any type of work-integrated learning experience (co-op, field placement, volunteer placement, internship, etc.) that is required to complete your program of studies, you must apply for a Co-op Work Permit. Please see the International Co-op Work Permit page for more information.
For Questions Regarding Study Permits:
- If you have general questions regarding immigration or other issues,
please call Mohawk International: 1-844-767-6871
Or, visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (opens new window)
Immigration Information Call Centre: 1-888-242-2100
- Need to extend your Study Permit or apply for another type of permit?
visit Permits and Visas.
If you have been informed by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada that your application for a Study Permit has been denied, you have two options:
1) If you think you might be approved for a Study Permit in the future, you can defer your admission to an upcoming intake. If you would like to defer your admission, please take the following steps
- Review the deferrals and refunds website
- Submit a request to defer admission through the OACS International Applicant portal
2) If your Study Permit has been denied, you can request a refund. Please refer to our Refund Policy page for more information.
That covers the application process right up to your arrival at Mohawk!
The information we’ve supplied throughout the apply section should cover everything you need to know about applying to Mohawk.
This is a quick reference guide to help ensure you have taken all the right steps to start your program at Mohawk College.
- Accept your Offer of Admission – Pay your tuition deposit and/or full tuition by the date indicated on your Offer of Admission
- Pay Full Tuition Fees - Pay the remainder of your tuition fees (if any) as outlined on your Letter of Acceptance.
- Apply for Visa – Follow the Government of Canada website for more details on how to apply for your Study Permit. You can also check out our ‘Tips’ section for submitting a successful application
- Clear Conditions – If you have academic or language related conditions you must submit documentation via the OCAS International Applicant portal in order to remove this condition. This must be completed at least 2 weeks prior to the start of classes, so you are able to register for your program. Outstanding conditions may result in you losing your seat in your program of choice.
- Visa Confirmation – If you have received your study permit please upload to the OCAS International Applicant portal as soon as possible. Watch for an e-mail from the Mohawk International team about 6-8 weeks before the start of classes for more details on how to submit your visa status
- Arrival & Registration – Review the pre-departure checklist and check-in procedures on the Get Ready to Start website.
Acquiring program equipment
Some programs require students to acquire necessary equipment prior to first class.
Please review the Future Ready Toolkit for tools and resources to prepare you for your learning and life at Mohawk.
Please visit your Program webpage and review your course descriptions carefully and determine if there is any equipment or materials that might be needed. Make a plan to acquire these items before you leave home or when you arrive in Canada. If you wait until you arrive in Canada, please be sure to arrive early enough to allow time to find and acquire anything you might need. Some equipment is program specific and you may be required to purchase it once you have arrived in Canada.
Credit for prior learning/advanced standing
Already have some post-secondary credits?
- Students who have successfully taken a course at another postsecondary institution may be able to earn credit towards their Mohawk credential. Students considering an exemption with international credentials should have their credentials assessed prior to arrival. Learn more at course exemptions.
- Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition Students by an approved organization who can demonstrate past learning through informal study, work and life experiences may receive course credit. Learn more at Prior Learning Accessment & Recognition.