Courses delivered through OntarioLearn are a collection of shared online college courses. In collaboration with all 24 of Ontario community colleges, you have 24/7 access to a broad selection of online programs, courses and services. Visit the OntarioLearn website (opens in new window) for details.
Prior to the start date
- Purchase your textbook(s) and/or needed materials. Visit our textbooks page for details.
- Ensure you know your start date. You will not be able to access your OntarioLearn course until the start date. For those registering after the official start date, it will take 24 to 48 hours for your account to become active.
Upcoming Start Dates
|Intake||Start Date||Registration Open||End Date|
|September 2020||September 8||August 6 to September 18||December 15|
|October 2020||October 1||August 6 to October 8||January 7, 2021|
|November 2020||November 2||August 6 to November 9||February 8, 2021|
|December 2020||December 1||August 6 to December 8||March 9, 2021|
Accessing your OntarioLearn course
- Visit www.ontariolearn.com
- Click on the Login button near the top right
- Enter your username (maximum of 15 characters) following the example below:
|Part #1||Part # 2||Part # 3||Part # 4|
|mo||dash (-)||The first 3 characters of your first name||The first 9 letters of your last name|
|Example for a student named Jane Smith = mo-jansmith|
Example for a student named Richard Crawford = mo-riccrawford
- Enter your password. The first time you login your password will be newone. You will be asked to change your password - follow the instructions on the screen once you are logged in.
Need more help logging in? Watch this short video.
- Review and accept the terms of the Student Code of Conduct. Review any start-up announcements, policy information and support services.
- When your course becomes available (on the course start date), click on the Login to [Platform] button located in the My Courses area. A web browser window will open and automatically connect you so you can access your course.
- This support is for OntarioLearn courses (campus code = OL) only.
- Technical Assistance is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week via the OntarioLearn Help Centre (opens in new window).
- Your MohawkID number is the 9 digit number located on your registration receipt. It will stay the same for any and all courses at Mohawk College, and is important when booking exams and registering for new courses.
- Your MyMohawk login is NOT the same as your OntarioLearn login.
- To receive a refund you must withdraw within 6 days of the published start date of the course. To withdraw without a refund, later in the term, you must do so 10 days before the end date of the course.
- Many OntarioLearn courses have in person exams. Visit our Exams webpage for more details.
- Mohawk College reserves the right to limit, cancel, adjust or relocate classes/courses without notice, if necessary. A full refund will be issued for courses cancelled by the College.
- You should keep copies of your course outlines from all courses.
- Grades will be posted to your MyMohawk account 4 to 6 weeks after the end date of your course. Visit the How do I find my Continuing Education grades? webpage for more information.
- If your course is delivered on the FirstClass platform you will need to download and install the FirstClass Client software.