Courses delivered through OntarioLearn are a collection of shared online college courses. In collaboration with all 24 Ontario community colleges, you have 24/7 access to a broad selection of online programs, courses and services. Visit the OntarioLearn (opens in new window) website for details.
Prior to the start date
- Purchase your textbook(s) and/or needed materials. Visit our textbooks page for details.
- Ensure you know your start date. You will not be able to access your OntarioLearn course until the start date. For those registering after the official start date, it will take 24 to 48 hours for your account to become active.
Upcoming Start Dates
|Intake||Start Date||Registration Open||End Date|
|April 2022||April 1||March 15 to April 8||July 8|
|May 2022||May 10||March 15 to May 20||August 16 (14 week courses)|
|June 2022||June 1||March 15 to June 8||September 7|
|July 2022||July 4||March 15 to July 11||October 11|
|August 2022||August 2||March 15 to August 9||November 8|
Accessing your OntarioLearn course
- Visit OntarioLearn (opens in new window)
- Click on the Login button near the top right
- Enter your username (maximum of 15 characters) following the example below:
|Part #1||Part # 2||Part # 3||Part # 4|
|mo||dash (-)||The first 3 characters of your first name||The first 9 letters of your last name|
|Example for a student named Jane Smith = mo-jansmith|
Example for a student named Richard Crawford = mo-riccrawford
- Enter your password. The first time you login your password will be newone. You will be asked to change your password - follow the instructions on the screen once you are logged in.
Need more help logging in? Watch this short video.
- Review and accept the terms of the Student Code of Conduct. Review any start-up announcements, policy information and support services.
- When your course becomes available (on the course start date), click on the Login to [Platform] button located in the My Courses area. A web browser window will open and automatically connect you so you can access your course.
- This support is for OntarioLearn courses (campus code = OL) only.
- Technical Assistance is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week via the OntarioLearn Help Centre (opens in new window).
- Your MohawkID number is the 9 digit number assigned to you when you registered. It will stay the same for any and all courses at Mohawk College. You will use your MohawkID to access our systems/platforms, book exams, register for courses, find your grades, and more!
- Your MyMohawk login is NOT the same as your OntarioLearn login.
- To receive a refund you must withdraw by the date that was displayed in the section information at the time of registration. You can view this date at any time by logging into your CE Registration Student Account. Following this date you may withdraw (without a refund) to avoid academic penalty. Dates apply and can be found in your CE Registration Student Account.
- Many OntarioLearn courses have in person exams. Visit our Exams webpage for more details.
- Mohawk College reserves the right to limit, cancel, adjust or relocate classes/courses without notice, if necessary. A full refund will be issued for courses cancelled by the College.
- You should keep copies of your course outlines from all courses.
- Grades will be posted to your MyMohawk account 4 to 6 weeks after the end date of your course. Visit the How do I find my Continuing Education grades? webpage for more information.
- If your course is delivered on the FirstClass platform you will need to download and install the FirstClass Client software.