How does placement work?
- Clinical/Practicum Placement – students work under the supervision of a registered or licensed professional to meet the mandatory requirements to receive a professional licence, certification, or registration within a professional association.
- Clinical Placements happen at health-focused organizations for careers such as Nursing or Massage Therapy.
- Practicum Placements happen at a variety of organizations for careers such as Paralegal or Early Childhood Education.
- Field Placement – students gain hands-on experience in a workplace setting, for a specified amount of hours within a semester. Mohawk offers a wide range of programs that include Field Placement such as Health, Wellness & Fitness, Journalism and Utilities Systems Operator.
- Gain access to skilled, job-ready students who can fill short-term business needs.
Learn more about student placement, including information for current students, employers and community agencies.