We know co-op.
As one of Canada's first colleges to offer co-operative education, we know the value it offers students and employers.
What is Co-op?
Co-operative Education links the academic learning process with the workplace through paid and practical work experiences that are relevant to the program of study. Co-op work experiences facilitate the student's professional development, while providing your organization with a skilled short-term hire and a long-term talent pipeline.
Mohawk College offers 23 Co-operative Education programs that employers can recruit from.
- Students are provided with a full-time contract, typically in blocks of 4, 8 or 12-months (program dependent).
- Students are paid by the employer.
- The work is related to the program of study.
- A supervisor is available to provide mentorship and performance evaluations.
Co-op Employer Guidebook
To learn more about the Co-op hiring process, please review the Mohawk Co-op Employer Guidebook (links to ISSUU).
Co-op Work Term Recruitment Timelines
|Winter Work Term||Summer Work Term||Fall Work Term|
|Work Term Dates*||January - April||May - August||September - December|
|Job Postings Begin**||October||February||June|
* Some co-op programs allow students to complete consecutive work terms for up to 8 or 12 months.
** Employers who post jobs early will have access to a larger candidate pool.
Co-op Hiring Process
Post a Job
Create an account on our CareerReady job portal to self-post a co-op job.
Login to self-post a co-op job on our CareerReady job portal.
CEWIL Canada Accredited Programs
Mohawk College has 22 Co-operative Education programs that have been recognized and accredited by Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning (CEWIL) Canada. This accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for co-op programs in Canada.