Advanced Police Studies Graduate Certificate - 226
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016
SCHOOL: Community & Urban Studies
PROGRAM NUMBER: 226
PROGRAM LENGTH: 28 weeks
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
|226 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton||Open|
Complete an intensive graduate program to prepare for a meaningful and challenging career in law enforcement in just 28 weeks
Advanced Police Studies is a 28-week Ontario College Graduate Certificate program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in the Advanced Police Studies program will build an advanced set of knowledge and skills for a career in policing and other forms of law enforcement, and study topics such as intelligence lead policing, crime scene management, suspect detection and apprehension, victim services and current domestic security issues.
- Build an advanced set of knowledge and skills for a career in policing and other forms of law enforcement
- Practice intelligence lead policing, crime scene management, suspect detection and apprehension
- Develop effective problem-solving, critical decision making, note making and report writing skills particularly in evidence gathering and arrest
- Apply skills in a Police Vehicle, Street Scape and Mohawk’s Mock Trial Court Room, during interactive scenarios
- Apply accountable, ethical, and effective professional practices when interacting with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds during judgemental training scenarios
- Apply best practice principles to mitigate civil liabilities and manage risks in law enforcement
- Enhance communication, team-building and behavioural interviewing skills
- Learn advanced police use of force training by leading credentialed experts
- Assistance provided in obtaining Certification in:
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention,
- CPR, First Aid and AED
360° Classroom Tour
Mohawk College leads in hands-on training by experienced faculty employing judgemental training systems.
Students will train with Judgemental Training Video Systems and Police Tactical Structures.