Tools and resources for new and current students to prepare for learning and life at Mohawk.
Tools and resources to prepare you for learning and life at Mohawk
Welcome to Mohawk!
We are so excited that you are here. This toolkit will help prepare you for embarking on your studies in a virtual/remote learning environment and will connect you with services to support your student experience.
At Mohawk we know that a good start leads to a strong finish, so we’ve developed a series of virtual orientation and re-orientation experiences for new and returning students to set you up for success wherever you are learning this semester.
Check out all events and resources to support your orientation.
Watch: A message for students from Mohawk College staff
Watch: Tips for success from Mohawk Alumni Yewande Abidakun
Get Future Ready! Take part in Orientation or Re-Orientation
At Mohawk we know that a good start leads to a strong finish, so we’ve developed a series of virtual orientation & re-orientation experiences for new and returning students.
Set yourself up to thrive. Check out orientation and transition resources designed with your success in mind.
The Future Ready Toolkit is full of helpful information to support your college journey. However, we know there are times when you need more immediate support. The following resources will help you get the support you need.
- Need help using technology such as MyCanvas or Microsoft Office? Contact the Academic Technology Services
- Having technical issues logging in or accessing your accounts? Contact Student Technical Support
The Mohawk Library offers many resources including:
Locations at Fennell, IAHS, and Stoney Creek
- In-person & Online virtual support
- Research Guides
- Library Resources: Databases, eBooks, & Streaming Videos
- APA Guide
- Do It Yourself Guides
- Group space bookings at Fennell and IAHS campus locations.
- An open course in MyCanvas: research and Library resources, check for plagiarism & citing with Turnitin.
Academic Program Support
- Connect with your Program area using the program search
- Connect with your Student Success Advisor
- Connect with a peer tutor Learning Support Center | Mohawk College
Mental Health and Wellness
Contact: counselling [at] mohawkcollege.ca (counselling[at]mohawkcollege[dot]ca)
Visit: Mohawk College Counselling.
Other Questions? Contact the Square - student services.
Accessible Learning Services
Register with Accessible Learning Services through Accommodate for support with academic accommodation needs.
Learn more about Accommodate today!