Community Integration through Co-operative Education (CICE) Certificate - 284
PROGRAM STATUS: Closed for September 2015, Open for May 2016
SCHOOL: Interdisciplinary Studies
PROGRAM NUMBER: 284
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 years
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Certificate
|Campus||September 2015||May 2016|
|284 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton||Closed||Open|
Provides students who have intellectual disabilities and other significant learning challenges the opportunity to pursue a postsecondary education, develop skills to help prepare for employment, and experience college life
The Community Integration through Co-operative Education program is a two-year Ontario College Certificate offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
The CICE program will provide individuals with intellectual disabilities and other significant learning challenges the opportunity to experience college life, pursue a postsecondary education and develop skills which will help prepare them for employment. Students will attend common core mandatory CICE courses with their peers from the CICE program and will also have the opportunity to attend an academic experience class in an area of their interest. Students will have the support of a Learning Facilitator who may attend classes, provide follow-up study skills and test preparation.
- Enhance academic and vocational skills through modified programming to meet individual needs
- Strengthen basic numeracy, communications and computer skills
- Enhance job related skills and involvement in the community through a field placement opportunity
- Participate with peers in other college programs and activities (at least one college academic experience in each semester)
Big brother and College program help differently-abled student achieve his dream...
360° Classroom Tour
- Admission Requirements
- Career Opportunities & Academic Opportunities
- Program of Studies (POS) - Course Overview & Descriptions