Students interested in the co-operative program (433) do not apply directly. Once enrolled in program 403, students who start in September, can apply to the co-op stream (433) during Semester 1 and will be admitted at the end of Semester 1, if they meet the co-op requirements. Co-op is not available to students who start first semester in January.
|September to December||January to April||May to August|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Work Term 1 (Co-op)|
|Semester 3||Work Term 2 (Co-op)||Work Term 3 (Co-op)|
|Work Term 4 (Co-op)||Semester 4|
Co-op Delivery and Fees
This program has an optional co-op, as part of the program of study.
The annual co-op fee structure can be found on the Tuition and Fees page.
For questions, please contact the Co-op Specialist listed at the bottom of the webpage.
Work Term Capabilities
(which do not reflect individual work experiences & exposures)
- Interpret and produce electrical and electronics drawings using AutoCAD
- Assemble, test, modify, and maintain electrical circuits and equipment
- Electrical code and electrical wiring practices; conduit bending and installation
- Calibrate and maintain instruments or devices in the operation of electrical motors, generators and distribution equipment
- Install and troubleshoot static and rotating electrical machines and associated control systems
- Use, verify, and maintain automation and instrumentation equipment and systems
- Assist in commissioning, testing and troubleshooting electrical power systems under the supervision of a qualified person
Mohawk College students enrolled in the two year Electrical Engineering Technician - Power program at the Stoney Creek Campus will be earning more than a technician diploma! Graduates of this program will have taken the in-school portion of the basic, intermediate and advanced apprenticeship programming in the related trade - (442A) Industrial Electrician. This allows graduates to enter an apprenticeship - for which many large employers are demanding a technician diploma for entry - with the three levels of in-school training completed.
|Co-op Pay Range||Co-op Pay Average|
|Range: $15.00 - $26.75||Average: $18.50|
For further information regarding the co-op programs, please contact:
Rachel Alfano, Co-op Specialist
Phone: 905-575-1212 ext. 5045
Email: rachel.alfano [at] mohawkcollege.ca (Rachel Alfano)