Co-op Format (Fall Intake)
|September to December||January to April||May to August|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Vacation|
|Semester 3||Work Term 1 (Co-op)||Work Term 2 (Co-op)|
|Work Term 3 (Co-op)||Semester 4|
Co-op Format (Winter Intake)
|January to April||May to August||September to December|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Work Term 1 (Co-op)||Work Term 2 (Co-op)||Work Term 3 (Co-op)|
Work Term Capabilities
(Capabilities do not reflect individual work experiences and exposures.)
- Accounts receivable/collections
- Accounts payable/payments
- Bank reconciliation
- Job cost recording
- Process cost reporting
- Maintain perpetual inventory records
- Maintain petty cash book
- Maintain all special journals
- Maintain subledgers (A/R, A/P, fixed assets, investments)
- Personal tax preparation
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Budget preparation
- Computerized and manual bookkeeping
- Variance analysis
- Cost behaviour analysis
- Account analysis
- Cash budgeting
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Simply Accounting
- The two-year Accounting program is structured to give the student both theoretical training and practical experience in accounting procedures and systems to prepare students for careers in accounting.
- The goal is to provide the student with a working insight into the role of accounting as an information system for planning and controlling business operations.
- Program curriculum offers specialization in the field of accounting.
- Practical hands-on experience is gained through cooperative work experience conducted whenever possible under actual field conditions, assisted by working professionals.
- Graduates are well-prepared to serve in a wide range of responsible positions up to and including mid-management levels in business and industry.
- Prime employment opportunities include service with accounting firms and industry, in the cost and financial accounting areas of business.
- The program offers transferability options to universities where students can work toward their Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
|Range: $14.00 - $18.90||Average: $16.45|
For further information, please contact:
Gordana Mihajlovic, Co-op Specialist
Email: Gordana.Mihajlovic [at] mohawkcollege.ca (Gordana Mihajlovic)