Know what bus routes serve the closest stops to campus? How about where all the bike racks are located? Check out the Transport Services & Infrastructure map to see all the active and alternative transportation infrastructure on campus.
Student HSR Universal Transit Pass
What is the program?
The Mohawk Student Association has partnered with the Hamilton Street Railway to provide Full-time students with an HSR Bus Pass. This is a mandatory fee for all students, with the cost of $68.03/semester. The bus pass allows students to commute on any HSR transit bus as many times as they wish, throughout the validity period.
How can students participate?
Full-time students can visit the One Card office (i109) to receive a bus pass sticker on their ONE Card after they have registered. New stickers are distributed at the beginning of the terms, allowing validity for the semesters the student has paid for.
Opt-out circumstances for the bus pass are limited and defined by the HSR and not controlled by the MSA. You are able to opt-out if:
- You are a student on co-op more than 50 km out of the HSR service area
- You are a student who already receives a bus pass through DARTS or CNIB (proof will be required)
For more information on the Student Universal Transit Pass, visit the MSA Office (G109). To receive your HSR sticker, visit the OneCard Office (i109)
Bike Loan Program: Start the Cycle
Mohawk College Library has 9 bikes to loan to Mohawk College students and staff. They are all 21 gear mountain bikes, the sizes vary slightly, check the links below for details.
- Loans are for 3 days, this can be extended depending on demand and availability.
- You must wear a helmet – yours or borrow one from us.
- You must present current Mohawk ID each time you borrow a bike.
Legal stuff: For your first loan, please see library staff to get a bike loan agreement. Once you’ve filled out a form, they will keep it on file, you only have to do it once.
Visit the Library Website for more details:
Bike Parking Facility
The Fennell Campus is home to a 48-spot secure bike parking facility. This facility is available to all Mohawk staff and students who cycle to campus. This facility provides an excellent option to store your bike, and adds peace-of-mind to your active commute to and from campus.
Bike Repair Stations
There are 2 self-service bike repair stations at Fennell Campus that will help ensure your cycling commute to Mohawk is a safe one.
- Outside the Fennell Campus Library
- Outside the Main Entrance (Next to the Bike Parking Facility)
Carpooling at Mohawk
Parking rates giving you the summer blues? Want to save up to 50% on parking and commuting costs? Why not try carpool and reap the benefits!
Carpooling is a fantastic way to save on your parking and gas expenses by sharing costs with a carpool friend! The Mohawk College Carpool Zone is an easy way to find other employees or students in your area who are travelling to Mohawk or another nearby employer.
So why should you become a registered carpooler?
- A carpool pass will grant you access to the expanded preferred carpool lot next to the DBARC
- Need to drive in alone sometimes? Each member will receive one day of free parking each month for their private vehicle.
- Worried about a family event? Registered carpools are also covered by Smart Commute Hamilton’s Emergency Ride Home Program which allows them to claim up to $75 expense of a taxi in case a personal situation requires them to leave suddenly during the day. Click here for more details.
The average Mohawk commuter spends $232/month and generates 112kg of emissions in their daily commute. By carpooling with one or more buddies, these costs quickly divide among participants saving the average commuter up to $1400 each year!
The free online service allows you to set-up your customized trip plan which takes into consideration of all facets of your trip, and helps to connect you to other commuters. Your information is kept private until you agree to share it with another commuter.
Click here for more information and to learn about how the program works!
Visit the Mohawk College Parking Office to get your pass today!