Featured Future Ready Premium Employer: Gerrie Electric
Gerrie Electric has strong ties with Mohawk College. We share a common goal to train and develop a skilled workforce for tomorrow.
Graduates from Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Computer Systems Technology – Software Development and Analytics for Business Decision Making can be found succeeding in all areas of Gerrie Electric operations from automation to customer support and robotics.
Gerrie Electric assembles its workforce to cover all areas of the electrical industry and Mohawk College ensures students are well trained and job ready.
- 30+ Mohawk graduates employed
- Co-op and student placements every year
- Partner in applied research and industry projects
- Academic partner with participation in Program Advisory Committees
- Supporter of student success through annual scholarship
College-student-employer relationship redefined
We've joined forces with 10 leading employers in the Hamilton Region to create a new program designed to more actively engage industry and community partners in the training of job-ready college graduates.
Benefits to our partners and the broader community
- Greater access to student and graduate talent
- Customized industry training solutions
- Preferred engagements with students and alumni
- Early involvement in program development and design
- Opportunities to contribute to specialized Mohawk-led community programs
Benefits to students and alumni
- New learning modules to support career development throughout their program of study
- Early exposure to significant employers in the region
- New experiential learning and applied research opportunities;
- Opportunities to explore company-specific jobs prior to graduation
- Post-graduation job search advising and support
Build your exceptional workforce