College-student-employer relationship redefined
We've joined forces with 10 leading employers in the Hamilton Region to create a new program designed to more actively engage industry and community partners in the training of job-ready college graduates.
Benefits to our partners and the broader community
- Greater access to student and graduate talent
- Customized industry training solutions
- Preferred engagements with students and alumni
- Early involvement in program development and design
- Opportunities to contribute to specialized Mohawk-led community programs
Benefits to students and alumni
- New learning modules to support career development throughout their program of study
- Early exposure to significant employers in the region
- New experiential learning and applied research opportunities;
- Opportunities to explore company-specific jobs prior to graduation
- Post-graduation job search advising and support
Featured Future Ready Premium Employer: Walters Group Inc.
For more than half a century, Walters Group and Mohawk College have both flourished and grown in the Hamilton Region. As a home-grown, family-owned company, Walters is deeply engaged in the community and is equally engaged with its community college.
Walters supports Mohawk students in their education through student training, co-op placements and apprenticeships. The company connects with students at campus industry events, advises on program development and provides scholarships. And Walters Group is keen to hire Mohawk College graduates.
Mohawk graduates can be found welding and fitting in the shops, designing projects in the office, managing projects for installations around the world and keeping materials moving through the system and to the customer.
With Mohawk alumni employed in all aspects of Walters Group operations and with Walters active at all levels of engagement at Mohawk, this successful partnership ensures the college, the company and the community can all grow together.
- 14 Mohawk graduates currently employed
- Strong supporter of co-operative education and Mohawk apprenticeships
- Active research partner in applied research projects and a number of industry projects, as well as CityLab
- Academic partner with participation in Mohawk’s Program Advisory Committee program
- Partner in Mohawk College Enterprise and City School training programs
- Supporter of student awards
Previously Featured Future Ready Premium Employers
City of Hamilton
Hamilton Health Sciences
Build your exceptional workforce