College-student-employer relationship redefined
We've joined forces with 10 leading employers in the Hamilton Region to create a new program designed to more actively engage industry and community partners in the training of job-ready college graduates.
Benefits to our partners and the broader community
- Greater access to student and graduate talent
- Customized industry training solutions
- Preferred engagements with students and alumni
- Early involvement in program development and design
- Opportunities to contribute to specialized Mohawk-led community programs
Benefits to students and alumni
- New learning modules to support career development throughout their program of study
- Early exposure to significant employers in the region
- New experiential learning and applied research opportunities;
- Opportunities to explore company-specific jobs prior to graduation
- Post-graduation job search advising and support
Featured Future Ready Premium Employer: City of Hamilton
Since its founding more than 50 years ago, Mohawk College has had a strong relationship with the City of Hamilton, sharing a common drive to support and strengthen the greater community.
Mohawk educates and trains students in all sectors and industries to serve, support, and build the infrastructure of our communities and the City of Hamilton puts hundreds of them to work for that purpose.
Mohawk graduates can be found in all areas of the workforce at the City of Hamilton; from policing to social services, from Public Health to Public Housing. Throughout the City’s workforce, you can find Mohawk College graduates pursuing promising careers in biotechnology, environmental technician, architectural technologies, and in Early Childhood Education.
This strong relationship of collaboration also extends into areas of applied research, civic and industry projects and social development. City experts advise the College in areas of program development. College trainers help keep City employees up-to-date in their areas of work. In a genuine spirit of partnership, the City of Hamilton and Mohawk College work together to create a strong and prosperous workforce and community.
- 500+ Mohawk graduates employed
- 86 Co-op and student placements last year
- Research partner in numerous applied research projects, industry projects, as well as CityLab
- Academic partner with participation in 10 Program Advisory Committees
- Partner in Mohawk College Enterprise and City School training programs
- Supporter of student awards for nearly 30 years
Previously Featured Future Ready Premium Employers
Build your exceptional workforce