Analytics for Business Decision Making - 386
- Executive course delivery (afternoons/evenings) with a mix of face-to-face, self-directed, and live online courses.
- Diverse class cohort that integrates domestic and international students.
- No prior programming or statistics experience necessary, the program starts with the foundations.
- Industry-agnostic education means skills are applicable to any industry.
- Applied skills development with industry-standard techniques and software including Cognos Analytics, SPSS Modeler, OpenRefine, Tableau, R, Python, and more.
- Potential to work with real businesses using their data on individual and team-based projects.
- Free registration in Higher Education Analytics Data (HEAD) Competition.
- Capstone Project to integrate program courses.
- Work as part of a team in our own data analytics competition.
- Face-to-face workshops and industry networking opportunities.
This is a BYOD (Bring your own device) program. See Laptop Requirements under Additional Information.
What you'll learn
- Analyze and interpret digital information.
- Case study problem solving and analysis.
- Understand key analytical, modeling, statistical and programming tools.
- Use of business intelligence and data analytics software with a focus on data identification, consolidation, communication, reporting, manipulation and trending.
- Management techniques for data analytics projects.
- Presentation and communication skills.
- How to become a Certified Analytics Professional.
As a recognized IBM Premier Academic Initiative participant, we are pleased to offer the following Learn@IBM courses embedded within the program. Students can earn globally-recognized IBM Digital Badges for in-demand skills.
IBM Predictive Analytics Modeler
Learn the essential analytics models to collect and analyze data efficiently. The Predictive Analytics Modeler will use tools for market research and data mining in order to predict problems and improve outcomes.
IBM Business Intelligence Analyst
Explore report building techniques using relational data models. Enhance, customize and manage reports including Active reports and functionality.
1 academic year (period of 8 months)
New! Interested in studying two, 1 year programs? Now you can apply once and be admitted into the two programs of your choice. Available for international students only, more information can found on the International Twinning page.
Join us at Open House from April 6 - April 11
Come and explore our campuses, meet with faculty and staff and learn about the many student services and supports available to Mohawk students to help you succeed.
We're here to help
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
Learn about program delivery terms.
- An Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, or University Degree
- Other equivalent post-secondary experience or qualifications alongside relevant industry-related experience will be considered by Mohawk College
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
- Successful completion of the GAS-English for Academic Purposes (478 or 278) program
- TOEFL minimum score of 560 (83 Internet based)
- or IELTS Academic minimum score of 6.5 overall with no band less than 6.0
- More information about acceptable certificates, can be found on the International Admission Requirements
Tuition and Fees
2023 - 2024 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees
|Compulsory Program Fees
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester
|Total 1st Year Fees
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Full Cost Breakdown
- Explore payment options
- Book costs for your program can be found through the Campus Store
2023 - 2024 International Tuition and Fees
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee
|Program Compulsory Fees
|International Tax Recovery
|Total International Per Semester
|Total 1st Year Fees
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
When it comes to paying for your education, investing in your future can be more affordable than you think. A Mohawk education is one of the most cost-effective means of acquiring the skills and knowledge you need to have a prosperous and rewarding career.
As you start on your chosen career path, it's important to have a realistic set of expectations regarding the expenses associated with attending college. In addition to your tuition fees, you will also need to budget for books, supplies, housing, and other related living expenses. You may be able to supplement your income and savings with scholarships, bursaries, or loans. It pays to do some research into what types of financial assistance you may qualify for.
Available Financial Assistance Resources:
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program - OSAP (domestic students only)
- Working on Campus
- Additional Sources of Funding
- Financial Assistance Home Page
Apply for Awards:
By submitting a Scholarships and Bursaries Application every semester, students have access to over $3 million in Mohawk College scholarships, bursaries and Ministry-partnered funding to help meet their financial needs.
Financial Literacy and Money Coaching:
Whether saving for school, sticking to a budget, or planning for a major purchase, financial literacy affects us all. That's why Mo' Money is committed to helping our students improve their money skills and become more confident with their money.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you'll gain skills
- Demonstrate cumulative program knowledge through a capstone research project.
- Test and apply course concepts in our computer labs and on your own device through integrated software training.
- Collaborate with industry partners through an industry or community project.
- Participate in a simulation activity through the Higher Education Analytics Data Competition.
- Explore academic content through field trips and site visits.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- Data Scientist
- Advanced Analytics Professional
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Professional
Where you could work includes:
- Tech Industry
- Sports and Entertainment
Opportunities for grads
- Certified Analytics Professional credential.
- Certification in Business Data Analytics from IIBA.
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program. *
- Architectural Technician
- Business - Accounting
- Business - Marketing
- Business - Financial Services
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Advertising & Marketing Communication Management
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Business Analysis
- International Business Management
- Global Business Management - Family Enterprise (International Only)
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541