Public Relations Graduate Certificate - 166
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016
PROGRAM NUMBER: 166
PROGRAM LENGTH: 1 academic year (period of 8 months)
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
|166 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton||Open|
An increasingly complex and interesting field, a career in PR offers the chance to let your writing and communications skills shine
Do you have a passion for writing? A talent for communicating? Public Relations training could be for you. In the technologically and sophisticated global society that we currently live in, the function of establishing and maintaining open and effective communications between corporations, governments, organizations and their publics demands qualified, talented, highly-trained public relations practitioners.
At the end of the program, students should have developed a portfolio of materials and projects that demonstrate their ability to function at a professional level.
- Formulate PR strategies and execute tactics in Corporate and Not-For-Profit Communications
- Explore Media Relations, Electronic Publishing, Crisis Communications and Advertising
- Learn to use technological media in PR planning and execution
- Acquire expertise in PR analysis and planning
- Write professional-level public relations materials
- Develop visually creative materials to meet PR objectives
- Plan and orchestrate an event
- Learn principles of fundraising
- Receive an introduction to the Canadian Public Relations Society and the International Association of Business Communicators
360° Classroom Tour
Students participate in an unpaid work placement consisting of 105 hours field placement either completed during the academic year, or in the three weeks immediately following the end of second term.
The Agency provides student involvement on campaigns for predominantly not-for-profit organizations. Student teams from allied programs, working together under the guidance of Mohawk College faculty, collaborate in a multi-disciplinary framework. Read more about The Agency.