Broadcasting - Radio Diploma - 220
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016
SCHOOL: Media & Entertainment
PROGRAM NUMBER: 220
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 academic years (periods of 8 months)
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|220 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton||Open|
You’re on the air … Plus hone your writing and production skills in this radio program
Broadcasting - Radio is a two-year Ontario College diploma offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Enjoy Mohawk’s award winning radio station at 101.5 FM The Hawk 1015thehawk.ca!
Listen to igniteradio.ca - Hamilton's #1 Top 40 internet radio station.
101.5FM THE HAWK is a living lab for students in Mohawk's Radio Broadcasting and Journalism programs where students host morning shows and anchor newscasts on live radio, in addition to the station's regular programming. The Radio program also operates igniteradio.ca, an internet based radio station. Listen live at 1015thehawk.ca and igniteradio.ca.
- Learn how to produce an internet radio show on igniteradio.ca
- Acquire hands-on, diversified communications skills
- Explore production, promotion, announcing and sales
- Discover commercial writing, on-air performing and various new areas of the communications industry
- Learn the business side of broadcasting
- Specialize in news and sports presentation, program and music scheduling
- New technology has resulted in greater opportunities for trained individuals with creative abilities, and for those with a combination of creative and technical skills
360° Classroom Tour
...and now a word from our students
“Mohawk has the best instructors, they always go the extra mile. The faculty at Mohawk College will make sure you have the best education possible!”
“We get first hand industry experience and knowledge about what’s happening in the world of broadcasting today, how quickly it’s evolving and how fun it is!
“Mohawk is a great environment to learn and develop your broadcasting skills. Having the best professors and equipment makes learning fun.”
The Agency provides student involvement on campaigns for predominantly not-for-profit organizations. Student teams from allied programs, working together under the guidance of Mohawk College faculty, collaborate in a multi-disciplinary framework. Read more about The Agency.