Graphic Design - 508
The most unique Graphic Design program in Canada, offering optional studies in illustration or digital print and finishing.
- Develop solid practical and theoretical design skills
- Develop a strong sense of colour and colour management theories and techniques
- Develop solid technical techniques and skills for design, print and web production
- Study professional techniques in digital design composition using the most current industry software applications
- Compose digital photographic images for design, print and web production
- Develop a professional web and print portfolio and gain professional experience through our unique living lab experience
- Develop a professional portfolio critiqued by our industry professionals
- Work with real clients and learn how to build your own successful creative business
- Develop your skills in the most advanced digital print learning centre in Canada
OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Students will be required to pay a Digital Print Fee
- Students are required to purchase a specified Mac laptop computer with software for use in the program. Accepted applicants will be notified of details regarding hardware and software purchases to include a digital drawing tablet and semester material fees.
- For laptop and software requirements for this program visit Equipment Requirements.
Option are available for mature applicants.
Note: this is a Competitive Program
Apply by February 1st.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
Additional or Technical Recommendations
Graphic Design (508) Laptop Program & Software Requirements
As indicated in our admission requirements a mandatory Apple® laptop program has been implemented. This initiative enhances the student-learning environment and increases student satisfaction, providing each graduate with industry leading hardware and software that will support you in pursuit of your career goals. If you currently own an Apple® laptop that meets our minimum standard and is capable of running the required software, a new purchase will not be required.
Below is listed the minimum requirements for laptop hardware and software:
The Graphic Design Advanced Diploma program trains students for a wide array of career opportunities. Graphic Design careers may involve the following:
Industries of Employment:
- Design, Publishing and Printing Industries
- Pre-press and Web Services
- Advertising and Marketing
- Digital Media Industries
- Packaging Design
- Sign, Screen and Display Companies
- Design and Production Specialists, Pre-press and Web Services
- Freelance Opportunities
- New Business Venture Opportunities
For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit Pathways and Credit Transfer.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.