Construction Engineering Technician – Building Renovation Diploma - 462
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016
SCHOOL: Skilled Trades
PROGRAM NUMBER: 462
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 academic years (periods of 8 months)
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton, Stoney Creek Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|462 - Stoney Creek Campus & Fennell Campus (Hamilton)
Fulfill your entrepreneurial vision with a career in the residential and light commercial renovation sector
Meet Joal Roshko, a graduate of the
Construction Engineering Technician
- Building Renovation program in 2010.
Watch the Video »
This program partners with the Trillium Foundation and a local community group to tackle a renovation project in the winter term.
Mohawk's Construction Engineering Technician – Building Renovation program has the highest overall student satisfaction of any comparable program in Ontario.
- Develop skills and training required to join the entrepreneurial trend of home and commercial renovation
- Explore design and architectural styles, interior and exterior finishes, cabinetry, millwork and lighting systems
- Acquire specialized training in carpentry hand and power tools, construction materials, wood and wood products, and workplace safety
- Apply construction and project management principles to renovation projects including project scheduling, materials resourcing, cost estimating, risk analysis, sub-contracting, cost control strategies and project closeout
- Understand the importance of waste management and incorporate the 3R’s (reduce, reuse, recycle) into renovation projects
- Experience an intensive hands-on education consisting of various lab and practical projects; participate in a local community renovation project
- Acquire practical knowledge and skills needed to operate a small business
Community ProjectThis program partners with the Trillium Foundation and a local community group to tackle a renovation project in the winter term.
360° Classroom Tour
- Graduates from this program can complete either the Architectural or Civil Engineering Technician diploma programs with just one more year of study
- Graduates can pursue professional affiliations, including membership in the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)