Students interested in the co-operative internship program (433) do not apply directly. Once enrolled in program 403, students who start in September, will select the co-op option at end of Semester 1. Co-op is not available to students who start in January.
|September to December||January to April||May to August|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Work Term 1 (Co-op)|
|Semester 3||Work Term 2 (Co-op)||Work Term 3 (Co-op)|
|Work Term 4 (Co-op)||Semester 4|
Work Term Capabilities
(which do not reflect individual work experiences & exposures)
- Interpret and produce electrical and electronics drawings using AutoCAD
- Assemble, test, modify, and maintain electrical circuits and equipment
- Electrical code and electrical wiring practices; conduit bending and installation
- Calibrate and maintain instruments or devices in the operation of electrical motors, generators, power transmission or automatic equipment
- Install and troubleshoot static and rotating electrical machines and associated control systems
- Use, verify, and maintain instrumentation equipment and systems
- Assist in commissioning, testing and troubleshooting electrical power systems under the supervision of a qualified person
Mohawk College students enrolled in the two year Electrical Engineering Technician program at the Stoney Creek Campus will be earning more than a technician diploma! Graduates of this program will have taken the in-school portion of the basic, intermediate and advanced apprenticeship programming in the related trade - (442A) Industrial Electrician. This allows graduates to enter an apprenticeship - for which many large employers are demanding a technician diploma for entry - with the three in-school levels of in-school training completed.
Graduates are able to register as associate members of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
|Work Term 1||Work Term 2, 3 & 4|
|Range||$15.00 - $18.00||$16.00- $19.00|
Phone: 905-575-1212 ext. 5045
Karen Brown, Co-op SpecialistFor further information, please contact:
Email: karen.brown [at] mohawkcollege.ca (Karen Brown)