Business - Financial Services Diploma - 303
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016, Open for January 2017
PROGRAM NUMBER: 303
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 academic years (periods of 8 months)
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|303 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton||Open|| Open
Discover the role of financial planners in an exciting and complex world of information, technology and options - Earn important credentials in this detailed program
Business - Financial Services is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Mohawk's Business - Financial Services program will prepare students to build a career in the lucrative financial services sector, banking and insurance field. The program will also prepare students to write the first competency exam, which is the necessary first step to obtain the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation.
The program will also prepare students to achieve the industry recognized financial planning designation “Professional Financial Planner (PFP®)”. It is approved as a pre-requisite to apply to write the Applied Financial Planning Certification examination.
*Fast Track - allows students to complete a two-year Diploma program (non co-op) in 16 months. Students will start in January and be in school for four continuous semesters: Winter, Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter. Students will not be off during the summer.
- Build a career in the lucrative financial services sector, banking and insurance fields
- Students will challenge the provincial exam sufficient to become a registered mutual funds representative from the MFDA (Mutual Fund Dealers Association)
- Students will have the opportunity to receive their LLQP (Life License Qualifier Program)
- Upon completion of a common first semester, students can choose to transfer into second semester of one of the following programs:
- Business - Accounting
- Business Administration
- Business (General)
- Business - Marketing
Grad Testimonial, Kylie, Financial Services
360° Classroom Tour
- Successful graduates may be able to challenge the Financial Planning Standard’s Council (FPSC) FIRST financial planning exam (FPE1) toward their Certified Financial Planning (CFP) designation. Should graduates wish to obtain their full CFP designation, they must additionally complete three years relevant work experience, a FPSC qualified Capstone course, and the second financial planning exam (FPE2) - read more
- Successful graduates may be able to challenge the Applied Financial Planning Certification examination offered through the Canadian Securities Institute toward their Personal Financial Planner (PFP) designation. Should graduates wish to obtain the PFP designation, they must additionally meet the three years relevant work experience requirement - read more
- For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit mohawkcollege.ca/credittransfer