Found on this page is important details about the Mohawk College Tuition and Ancillary fees for international students and the different methods to make a payment. Review your Mohawk College documents closely to ensure you meet all the timelines and deadlines and ensure you're eligible to register upon visa approval.
Application Fee (Non-refundable and Non-transferable): $100
The application fee includes up to two (2) program choices; the programs must start within the same academic year (August to July). To apply to programs starting in the next academic year, students will need to create a new application and pay a new application processing fee.
Payment of this fee does not guarantee that you will get an offer to your program of choice or admission to the program if academic conditions are not met upon registration.
International Student Fees for 2023/24*
|International Fees||Most Programs||Deregulated Programs||Differentiated Programs - Aviation|
|Health Insurance (Guard.me)||$565.00||$565.00||$565.00|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$1,623.06||$1,623.06||$1,623.06|
|Subtotal Base Fees||$16,710||$17,750||$21,460|
|Student Recovery Tax for International ($375 per term)||$750||$750||$750|
|Municipal Tax Recovery for International (Fall term only)||$75||$75||$75|
* Fees are estimated and subject to change without notice
NOTE: Above fees are based on two (2) semesters of study starting in Fall 2023. Exceptions may apply. Compulsory program fees and Co-op term fees will be added where applicable. The following recovery taxes are included in the above international student fees. For more information on international fees visit the International Students Fees and Payments web page.
|Student Recovery Tax Description||Cost per Semester|
|Student Recovery tax for International||$375|
|Municipal Tax Description||Cost for Fall Semester|
|Municipal Tax Recovery for International||$75|
|General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (478)||Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Municipal Tax Recovery for International|
(Charged in Fall Only)
* Fees are estimated and will be confirmed based on level placement
Additional details can be found on the International Student Recovery Taxes page.
|January 2024 Intake||May 2024 Intake||September 2024 Intake|
|November 15, 2023||March 15, 2024||June 15, 2024|
Following the fee deadline, in country applicants will be required to pay full fees at the time of application and out of country applications submitted after the payment deadline will be required to pay the $2,200. Dates are subject to change without notice.
- All fees are subject to change
- All amounts are listed in Canadian dollars
- Upon receipt of your Offer of Admission, please follow the guidelines to make payment to the College. The Offer of Admission may request you make a partial or full payment to the College within 20 days of receiving your Offer of Admission.
- Fees on your Offer of Admission might differ from the fees above; please pay according to your letter. Any extra fees will be retained in your account for use against future semester tuition where applicable.
- Tuition deposit is non-refundable unless your visa is denied (partially refundable upon review - see refund policy).
- Some countries require payment of full first semester fees to receive a visa.
- SDS Applicants are required to pay full fees within 20 days of receiving their Offer of Admission.
- All in country applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $2,200 tuition deposit* upon receipt of their Offer of Admission.
- Tuition fee
- Program compulsory fees
- Ancillary fee (e.g. city bus pass, fitness centre membership)
- Health Insurance
- Provincial and municipal fees
- Co-operative Education Fees (If applicable): Co-op and Internship fees are charged in addition to base tuition fees. The Co-op fee is pro-rated over the duration of the program of study.
- Upon registration, a breakdown of fees will be available on the MyMohawk student portal.
Compulsory Ancillary Fees
Compulsory ancillary fees are fees students pay in addition to tuition that support services and activities distinct from academic programming. Compulsory ancillary fees are established in accordance with guidelines established by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU). Learn more about the areas that receive fees and how the fees are used.
Methods of Payment
Mohawk College provides various methods of payment for students' convenience. Scroll down to choose an option below to make secure payments to Mohawk College.
Upon payment, applicants must upload proof of payment to their OCAS International Applicant portal. Applicants supported by an authorized Mohawk College representative can contact the agent for assistance.
Payment from outside Canada
Mohawk College has partnered with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to pay from accounts outside of Canada. Founded by a former international student, Flywire’s mission is to save money for international students and their families that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavourable foreign exchange rates.
Note the payment processing could take 3-5 days. Please make the payment a few days before the deadline.
Flywire Benefits & Instruction
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Pay from any country and any bank
- Pay by credit card
- Track payments from start to finish
- 24/7 multilingual customer support
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT
- Go to Flywire Payment Portal for Mohawk College
- Select what fees you want to pay between application fee and tuition fee. Then select your preferred payment method from the options provided. Options may include bank transfer, debit/credit card in your home currency, electronic payment, or other local options.
- Create your account or log into your existing Flywire account, then enter some basic information to initiate your payment booking.
- Follow the instructions provided to send funds to Flywire. For bank transfers, follow the instructions provided to send your funds. Depending on your bank, payment may be made online, in person, or over the phone. For debit/ credit card payments, enter your card details online to complete your payment in your home currency.
- Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updates each step of the way, including confirmation of when your payment has been delivered to Mohawk College.
FLYWIRE CUSTOMER SUPPORT INFORMATION
Email: Support [at] Flywire.com (Support[at]Flywire[dot]com)
Web: Flywire customer support
No matter the time zone, you have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available via live chat, email, and phone.
Payment from inside Canada
Online: Use the Pay Online function within MyMohawk to pay for your tuition fees. This payment option is available to applicants who are currently living in Canada and have received their Offer of Admission by navigating to the Applicant tab in MyMohawk.
For helpful information on how to troubleshoot payment errors, check out the Troubleshooting Payment Errors PDF.
In person: Visit us at the college Fennell Campus and pay by Debit or with Credit Card
The Square (C102)
135 Fennell Avenue West
Canada L9C 0E5
Post or Mail: Send an International Money Order, Bank Draft or Certified Cheque made payable to "Mohawk College" by mail to:
International Admissions (J107)
135 Fennell Avenue West
Canada L9C 0E5
Indicate your student ID and/or application ID in the cheque memo
Additional methods for returning students only
Online: Through MyMohawk
Electronic Banking: Take the SBID number (which you can find on your fee statement) to your banking institution. Allow 5-7 business days for this payment method to be processed.