Advanced Security Management Graduate Certificate - 174
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016
SCHOOL: Community & Urban Studies
PROGRAM NUMBER: 174
PROGRAM LENGTH: 28 weeks
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
|174 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton||Open|
Develop an advanced level of skills and knowledge in the ever-changing world of sophisticated and enhanced protection services
Students in the Advanced Security Management program will develop an advanced level of skill in the new world of sophisticated and enhanced security.
A new, fully functional Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) provides a real life emergency operations training environment.
Mohawk College employs simulated judgemental training systems both tactical and virtual in their scenario-based learning.
Advanced Security Management
- Examine computer forensics, risk management, executive protection, threat assessments, and intelligence gathering and analysis
- Work within a fully functional Emergency Operations Centre
- Develop professional business networks
- Employ advanced simulation methodology as utilized by industry experts
- Acquire certifications in Basic Emergency Management and IMS 100 and 200
- Work towards designation as a Certified Fraud Examiner and Business Continuity Professional
- Experience practical exercises in advanced surveillance, close protection, and intelligence gathering, event management
- Research the extensive, professional career opportunities available in a rapidly expanding industry to career and professional development
- Training embedded within the program includes: Canadian Firearms Safety and Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety courses (PAL/RPAL), live-fire indoctrination on industry-specific firearms and Characteristics of Armed Persons seminar provided by members of the Provincial Weapons Enforcement Unit