Child and Youth Care - 612
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016, Waitlisted for September 2016, Open for January 2017
SCHOOL: Community & Urban Studies
PROGRAM NUMBER: 610, 612
PROGRAM LENGTH: 3 academic years (periods of 8 months)
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Advanced Diploma
*Effective September 2015 Child & Youth Worker (610) has been renamed Child & Youth Care (612)
|Campus||September 2016||January 2017|
|612 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton||Waitlisted|| Open
|612 - Continuing Education|| Open
View program details
Develop prevention, intervention and treatment strategies to facilitate a positive change in children, youth and their families
Child and Youth Care is a three-year Ontario College Advanced Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in Mohawk's Child and Youth Care program will have the opportunity to specialize in supporting change with children, youth and their families experiencing a range of social, emotional and behavioural challenges.
Child and Youth Care students will participate in field placements, with the first typically being with a school board, and the other two incorporating residential, treatment, adolescent and community based settings.
- Specialize in supporting change with children, youth and their families experiencing a range of social, emotional and behavioural challenges
- Implement a range of prevention, intervention and treatment strategies for children, youth and their families including crisis intervention, conflict management, problem solving, counselling, activity programming and group work
- Work with client challenges including difficult home situations, substance abuse, behavioural problems, and conflicts with the law
- Advocate for the rights of children and youth
360° Classroom Tour
Work while you study!
Child and Youth Care is offered part-time through Continuing Education.
- Admission Requirements
- Program Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Program of Studies (POS) - Course Overview & Descriptions
- Program Learning Outcomes
- Contact the Program Coordinator