Police Foundations Diploma - 218/258
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2014, Open for January 2015
SCHOOL: Community & Urban Studies
PROGRAM NUMBER: 218 (Non Co-op), 258 (Co-op)
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 years
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: Yes
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|Campus||September 2014||January 2015|
|218 - Fennell Campus - Non Co-op Option
|258 - Fennell Campus - Co-op Option||Open|
Turn your passion for law enforcement into a career protecting the public
The Police Foundations program gives students the opportunity to discover skills and abilities required for a career in policing, and learn Criminal, Civil and Provincial Law.
Mohawk College is the only Canadian community college that employs simulated judgemental training systems both tactical and virtual in their scenario-based learning for Police Foundations, Protection, Security and Investigation, and Advanced Police Studies.
*Fast Track - allows students to complete a two-year Diploma program (non co-op) in 16 months. Students will start in January and be in school for four continuous semesters: Winter, Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter. Students will not be off during the summer.
Mohawk College employs simulated judgemental training systems both tactical and virtual in their scenario-based learning for Police Foundations, Protection, Security and Investigation, Advanced Security Management, and Advanced Police Studies.
- Develop skills and abilities required for a career in policing
- Learn Criminal, Civil and Provincial Law
- Evaluate ethical reasoning investigation and evidence principles Explore police powers
- Develop use of force knowledge, skills and abilities including tactical communication
- Develop fitness and emergency management skills to Policing industry standards in a licensed testing facility on campus
- Experience a web enhanced learning environment
- Program follows guidelines set by the Ministry of the Solicitor General for the Province of Ontario
360° Classroom Tour
Share a common first year with Protection, Security and Investigation and Community and Justice Services.
Collect, preserve and present admissable evidence in Mohawk’s Police Car Street Scape and Mock Trial Court Room.
- Degree transfer completion available at Laurier University, Athabasca University, Fredericton University and internationally
- Dual diploma opportunities within the Justice and Wellness program cluster beyond common first year courses