Environmental Technician Diploma - 453/463
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2014
SCHOOL: Engineering Technology
PROGRAM NUMBER: 453 (Non Co-op), 463 (Co-op)
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 years
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: Yes
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|453 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton (Non Co-op)||Open|
|463 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton (Co-op)||Open|
Always a hot topic – explore the technology and science at work (and in the works) aimed at protecting the environment
Environmental Technician is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in the Environmental Technician program will learn the fundamentals of solid waste, water and wastewater treatment.
Students can take advantage of the Cooperative Education option to gain work experience while in school.
- Study the sources, impacts, monitoring and control of water/wastewater pollutants, air pollutants, and solid and industrial waste
- Gain practical lab experience in the sampling, analysis and treatment of environmental pollutants
- Study the fundamentals of environmental regulations, audits and projects, as well as Occupational Health and Safety
- Graduates and final year students are eligible to be registered as associate members of OACETT upon submission of the Graduate Application form available through OACETT. Visit oacett.org
- Degree transfer opportunities available
- Graduating students successfully completing STEN 10014 will have met the requirements of the Ministry of the Environment’s Entry-Level course for Drinking Water Operators. This is done in partnership with the Ministry and the Walkerton Clean Water Centre
Co-op Education Advantage
Earn while you learn with paid work semesters mohawkcollege.ca/coop