Environmental Technician Diploma - 453/463
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016
SCHOOL: Engineering Technology
PROGRAM NUMBER: 453 (Non Co-op), 463 (Co-op)
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 academic years (periods of 8 months), plus optional Co-op
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: Yes
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|453 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton (Non Co-op)||Open|
|463 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton (Co-op)||OPTIONAL AFTER SEMESTER ONE|
Be part of the solution – explore the technology and science aimed at protecting the environment and human health
Environmental Technician is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in the Environmental Technician program will learn the fundamentals of solid waste, water and wastewater treatment.
Students can take advantage of the Cooperative Education option to gain work experience while in school.
- Study the sources, impacts, monitoring and control of water/wastewater pollutants, air pollutants, and solid and industrial waste
- Gain practical lab experience in the sampling, analysis and treatment of environmental pollutants
- Study the fundamentals of environmental regulations, audits and projects, as well as Occupational Health and Safety
360° Classroom Tour
- Graduates and final year students are eligible to be registered as associate members of OACETT upon submission of the Graduate Application form available through OACETT
- Students successfully completing STEN 10014 and semester 3 will have met the requirements of the Ministry of the Environment¹s Entry-Level Certificate for Drinking Water Operators
- For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit mohawkcollege.ca/credittransfer
Co-op Education Advantage
Earn while you learn with paid work semesters mohawkcollege.ca/coop