Pre-Media and Entertainment Certificate - 194
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016
SCHOOL: Media & Entertainment
PROGRAM NUMBER: 194
PROGRAM LENGTH: 1 academic year (period of 8 months)
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Certificate
|194 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton||Open|
Sample aspects of media programs at Mohawk including TV,
This certificate program is for students who are unsure what area of media they should pursue. Pre-Media allows students to sample various aspects of media to help them make a more informed decision about their future studies
radio and journalism in this introductory media program
Pre-Media and Entertainment is a one-year Ontario College Certificate program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in Mohawk's Pre-Media and Entertainment Certificate program will discover the opportunities available in the communications media industry including television, radio, and journalism.
- Discover the opportunities available in the communications media industry including television, radio, and journalism
- Explore the history of media and the realities of working in today’s media industry
- Analyze the role, responsibility and impact of television, radio, print, film and Internet on today’s society
- Learn success strategies that will develop valuable academic and personal skills for the future
- Benefit from hands-on experience with digital still photography and video cameras in both individual and group projects
- Explore writing style, structure and techniques for effective presentation
With a focus on foundational study, this program is designed to provide exposure to the media industry that will contribute to success in additional study.