Tourism and Travel Diploma - 314 (Tourism - 964 effective September 2016)
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for September 2016, Open for January 2017
PROGRAM NUMBER: 314
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 academic years (periods of 8 months)
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|Campus||September 2016||January 2017|
|314 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton|
|964 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton||Open||Open|
Tourism and Travel Diploma (314) will change to Tourism (964) effective September 2016
Bring a world view as you transform your passion for travel to a lifelong career
Tourism and Travel is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in the Tourism and Travel program will prepare for an exciting career that provides an opportunity for employment within various sectors of the tourism industry. Students will network with industry partners and benefit from guest speakers, trade shows, conferences, and career fairs.
- Prepare for an exciting career that provides an opportunity for employment within various sectors of the tourism industry
- Network with industry partners and benefit from guest speakers, trade shows, conferences, and career fairs
- Acquire specialized skills in Sabre and Apollo Reservation Systems
- Develop communication, business, and industry-specific computer skills
- Students have a wide range of choices for industry specialization
- Students have the opportunity to earn industry certification by writing the Certified Travel Counsellor (CTC) exam
- We also offer, embedded in the core curriculum of our Program of Study, the TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario) Educational Standards Exam. This is the exam that is required by Law to work in Travel in the Province of Ontario.
- All of our program Professors are certified TICO Proctors to administer this exam and we are a centre of Educational Standards Testing for Industry Province wide.
The Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA) gives our program a Four Star Rating.
360° Classroom Tour
After successful completion of all required courses, students complete a mandatory two week unpaid work placement. Students are responsible to source their own placement.
Tourism is one of the world’s fastest growing industries, offering a wide variety of exciting Career Opportunities.
ACTA (Association of Canadian Travel Agencies) gives our program a Four Star Rating. Please visit acta.ca for further information.
Mohawk's Tourism and Travel program has the highest overall student satisfaction of any comparable program in Ontario.
Bring Your Own Device
We are pleased to introduce you to our “Bring Your Own Device” blended learning environment. The “BYOD” method of program delivery at Mohawk College requires you to have and use a mobile device throughout your program of study. We have included the minimum requirements to participate in this collaborative way of learning. Click here for the BYOD Requirements
For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit mohawkcollege.ca/credittransfer