Aviation Technician – Aircraft Maintenance Diploma - 269
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for August 2014
SCHOOL: Engineering Technology
PROGRAM NUMBER: 269
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 years
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton, Stoney Creek Campus (Previously STARRT Institute) - Hamilton, Hamilton International Airport - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|269 - Fennell Campus - Hamilton, Hamilton International Airport
and Stoney Creek Campus (Previously STARRT)
Take flight with hands-on training in our operational living lab (an airplane!)
Aviation Technician - Aircraft Maintenance is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program.
Students will attend courses at several locations:
- Fennell Campus
- The STARRT Institute
- Hamilton International Airport
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
- Canadian Council for Aviation and Aerospace (CCAA) accredited courses. Transport Canada Approved Program.
- Prepare for Certification by Transport Canada as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer AME-M
- Upon completion, this two year training program will provide 18 months credit towards the 48 months practical work experience required for certification.
This Transport Canada approved program comprises a unique partnership with the Canadian Warplane Heritage (CWH) Museum and Hamilton International Airport to provide hands on training in an operational airport environment utilizing not only static, but flying aircraft.
- Learn theory in these Canadian Council for Aviation and Aerospace (CCAA) accredited courses
- Prepare for certification by Transport Canada as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer AME-M
- Practice using state-of-the-art facilities at Mohawk’s Fennell and Stoney Creek campuses, and aircraft maintenance repair and overhaul facilities at the Hamilton International Airport
- Inspect vintage aircraft to modern light aircraft, heavy jet transports and helicopters
- Upon completion, this two year training program will provide up to 18 months credit towards the 48 months practical work experience required for certification
360° Classroom Tour
Transport Canada Standard
Students meeting the minimum standards listed below will receive a certificate which recognizes Transport Canada approval of the program and exemption from writing Transport Canada Technical exams, plus 12 weeks of equivalent work experience:
- Minimum grade of 70% in each course
- Successful completion of all practical projects
- 95% attendance record in each semester
Students will be required to travel between Mohawk’s Fennell and Stoney Creek Campuses.
Students will also be required to travel to the Hamilton International Airport for instruction at the Mohawk College Aviation facility, the Canadian Warplane Heritage and other airport maintenance organizations. Although buses presently serve these routes, the hours are intermittent. Personal automobile transportation is recommended.
- Admission Requirements
- Program Fees
- Required Student Attendance
- Required Travel Between Campuses & the Airport
- Career Opportunities
- Program of Studies (POS) - Course Overview & Descriptions
- Program Learning Outcomes
- Graduation Certificate Issuance
- Contact the Program Coordinator
- Read the Program Handbook
Watch Video about the Aviation Technician – Aircraft Maintenance Diploma Program
General information overview
of the Aviation - Aircraft Maintenance
at Mohawk College. Watch the video