The Learning Support Centre at Fennell is a space dedicated to student learning and success. Our services include general studies, with a dedicated help for Math, Writing, and Peer Tutoring.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Thursday: 8:30am to 9:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Math Learning Centre
Improve your math skills to set a great foundation in the classroom.
- Drop-in math help with online appointments available
- Individualized, self-study Continuing Education courses
- Faculty and peer tutoring
- Visit the Math Learning Centre website
- Email: mlc.fennell [at] mohawkcollege.ca
- Call us at 905-575-2357
- Personal writing consultations
- APA citing and grammar resources
- ESL resources and Conversation Club
- Reading, listening and speaking help
- Visit the Writing Centre website
- Email: writingcentre [at] mohawkcollege.ca
- Call us at 905-575-1212 ext. 3739
Additional assistance in your academic subjects.
- Course content tutoring
- Effective study tips
- One-to-one, drop-in and group tutoring
- Visit the Peer Tutoring website
- Email: peer.tutor [at] mohawkcollege.ca
- Call us at 905-575-1212 ext. 3279
Peer-Assisted Study Sessions (PASS)
Supported by the First Generation Project Grant.
Peer Organized Dedicated Study (PODS)
Learning Support Centre Guidelines
The Learning Support Centre provides a dedicated and positive environment to enhance your academic success through peer tutoring, self-directed and quiet group study activities.
To ensure that the Learning Support Centre provides a positive learning environment, we respectfully ask that you adhere to the guidelines below:
- Please use the Centre for tutoring appointments*, individual or quiet group study
- Please use the computers for academic activities (no Facebook, Youtube)
- Please use the tables for tutoring and academic activities
- Please use low volume with personal media/laptops/headphones
- Please use cellphones outside of Centre
- Please use the recycling centre located at the front to remove any food wrappers, coffee cups, garbage, gum
Please note: Space and computer priority will be given to Peer Tutoring, Writing Centre and Math Learning Centre activities.
We reserve the right to ask you to use the Centre for the purposes stated above.
Thank you for your co-operation in making the Learning Support Centre a great space for you to learn!
Enjoy the Centre!