Health, Wellness and Fitness Diploma - 268/468
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for January 2014, Open for September 2014, Open or January 2015
SCHOOL: Community & Urban Studies
PROGRAM NUMBER: 268 (Non Co-op), 468 (Co-op)
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 years, 3 years
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: Yes
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|Campus||January 2014||September 2014||January 2015|
|268 - Fennell Campus - Non Co-op Option|| Open
|468 - Fennell Campus - Co-op Option||Open|
Implement exercise programs, nutritional plans and wellness strategies to varied fitness level clients
*Fast Track - allows students to complete a two-year Diploma program (non co-op) in 16 months. Students will start in January and be in school for four continuous semesters: Winter, Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter. Students will not be off during the summer.
Students will have the opportunity to challenge for the following certifications: Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology - Certified Personal Trainer, Optimum Health For Life - Sports Nutrition Specialist, TWIST - Sports Conditioning Certificate and PTA Global.
- Assess, design, prescribe and implement exercise programs, nutritional and wellness plans for individuals of varying fitness levels to meet their needs in regard to health, wellness and fitness
- Work with specialists of specific populations such as emergency service personnel, children, older adults, pregnant women or those with increased medical risk factors such as diabetes, high blood pressure, etc
- Study athletic injury management, counselling, sport psychology and exercise physiology, anatomy, biomechanics to health management strategies
- Apply skills and abilities in the Wellness Centre and Nutritional Kitchen, the Human Performance Lab, and new state-of-the-art fitness and training assessment labs
- Train students registered in the Justice and Wellness Studies programs, athletes, varsity teams and the college community in a student led Core Fusion and Wellness Lifestyle Solutions ‘Living Lab'
Co-op Education Advantage
- Earn while you learn with paid work semesters mohawkcollege.ca/coop