Cardiovascular Technology Diploma - 728
PROGRAM STATUS: Waitlisted for September 2016
SCHOOL: Health Sciences
PROGRAM NUMBER: 728
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 academic years (periods of 8 months)
CAMPUS: Institute for Applied Health Sciences at McMaster - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|728 Institute for Applied Health Sciences at McMaster
Acquire knowledge, skills and principles to assist physicians in various aspects of cardiac diagnosis through this high demand program
The Cardiovascular Technology program has been granted a 6 year accreditation status by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA).
Outcomes of the Cardiovascular Technology program meet the competencies outlined in the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists National Competency profile (NCP). Visit www.csct.ca
- Experience extensive hands-on training during skills courses
- Experience clinical training at affiliated hospitals and clinics
- Perform cardiovascular tests such as: Electrocardiography, Holter Monitoring, Exercise Stress Testing, Pacemaker/Cardiac Device Follow-Up, Ambulatory BP Monitoring and ECG Event/Loop Monitoring
The Cardiovascular Technology health professions are intellectually, emotionally and physically demanding. It is important that applicants become familiar with the profession before entering the program so that they are able to function at an acceptable standard. Learn about the functional requirements and physical demands for Cardiology Technologists (NOC 3217).
360° Classroom Tour
Clinical placements may occur at locations that are not accessible by public transit. As such, students shall be expected to either have access to a car or the ability to supply their own transportation when attending clinical placement activity. Mohawk shall not be responsible for providing students with transportation to clinical placements.
Eight week clinical practicum (Semester 3) is completed in the summer semester after year 1
Clinical experience is provided in health care agencies throughout Ontario.
- Graduates are eligible to write the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists registration examination, visit csct.ca to learn more
- Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to Mohawk’s Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography program
- For degree transfer/completion opportunities visit mohawkcollege.ca/credittransfer