Office Administration – Medical Diploma - 329
PROGRAM STATUS: Open for January 2015, Open for September 2015, Open for January 2016
PROGRAM NUMBER: 329
PROGRAM LENGTH: 2 years
CAMPUS: Fennell Campus - Hamilton
CO-OP OPTION: No
ACCREDITATION: Ontario College Diploma
|Campus||January 2015||September 2015||January 2016|
|329 - Fennell Campus||Open||Open||Open|
Become an important member of the health care industry with specialized understanding of medical practices, terminology, anatomy and more
Office Administration - Medical is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in the Office Administration - Medical program will take medical office courses to learn to provide administrative support to a busy hospital unit and they will discover the challenge of a private medical practice, acquire medical transcription skills and learn extensive medical terminology and anatomy.
- Experience a program well-recognized by our local and extended community of hospitals and medical offices
- Learn to provide administrative support to a busy hospital unit
- Discover the challenge of a private medical practice including the EMR
- Become skilled in medical transcription and Ministry of Health Insurance billing
- Complete our highly respected Medical Terminology 1 and 2 courses
- Train in Meditech through our link to Hamilton Health Sciences
- Prepare for additional educational opportunities in other health care fields such as nursing, pharmacy and laboratory
- Attend the annual resume fair by St. Joseph’s Healthcare
- Experience a two-week placement in the medical community to apply the theory and skills acquired in the classroom
360° Classroom Tour
Office Administration - Medical has an active program advisory committee that meets to ensure the program is current.
For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit mohawkcollege.ca/credittransfer