Co-op Eligibility Requirements
Students must meet and maintain the following co-op eligibility requirements to maintain their status in co-op education.
- Be registered as a full-time student in a Mohawk College co-op program before and following a co-op work term. Students must begin and end their co-op program on academic terms.
- Maintain the minimum academic standing in your program.
- Have no more than 2 failed or missed courses, or course equivalents, prior to a scheduled co-op work term. Students with more than 2 failed or missed courses, or course equivalents, will not be eligible to seek a co-op position for that work term.
- Be able to legally work in Canada. International students must have a valid co-op work permit prior to and during their scheduled co-op work terms.
- Pay the associated co-op fees.
- Co-op students must attend Co-op Preparation Class prior to their first co-op work term.
- Co-op students in the following programs should speak to their Co-op Specialist or Program Coordinator about additional program-specific eligibility requirements:
- Business Accounting
- Business Administration – Marketing
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician – Automation (Industrial Mechanic Millwright)
- Electrical Engineering Technician – Power
- Urban and Regional Planning Technician – GIS
Optional Co-op Admission
School of Engineering Technology
McKeil School of Business
Marshall School of Skilled Trades and Apprenticeships
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician – Automation (Industrial Mechanic Millwright) *
- Electrical Engineering Technician – Power *
*Additional eligibility requirements apply
- Co-op fees will be applied once admitted into a co-op program. The annual co-op fee structure can be found on the Tuition and Fees page.
- Commuting and relocation are factors to consider when pursuing co-op opportunities in particular industries and fields of study. Some co-op positions require that students have a valid driver’s license (‘G’ class preferred) and access to a vehicle.
- Admission into a co-op program does not guarantee a co-op position. The co-op job search is a competitive process. Students will be supported through the co-op process by their Co-op Specialist.
Please contact the Co-op Specialist or Program Coordinator for more information regarding Year 1 Co-op Admission and eligibility requirements.