Business Administration - Marketing - 362 - 366
- Co-op option offers a full year of work term placement (three consecutive four-month placements).
- Upon completion of a common first semester, you may choose to transfer into second semester of one of the following programs*:
- Business - Accounting (non co-op 316 or co-op 356)
- Business - Administration (632)
- Business Administration - Accounting (364)
- Business Administration - Human Resources (363)
- Business - Marketing (319)
- Business - Financial Services (303)
- Business - General (320)
- Insurance (318) (non co-op 318 or co-op 368)
What you’ll learn
- How to conduct market research and create marketing strategies for real clients.
- Verbal and written communication skills as you prepare reports and presentations.
- Web marketing strategies and tools.
- Use computer simulation to model an international product launch.
- Ethics and sustainability practices.
- Project management techniques.
- Adobe Creative Suite for Business, graphic and web design.
- Business-to-business marketing.
- Prepare analysis and recommendations for external client organizations.
3 academic years (periods of 8 months), plus optional co-op
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2018 - 2019 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Ancillary Fees||$717.02||$653.92|
|Mandatory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,221.51||$2,158.41|
|Total 1st Year Fees (Non Co-op)||$4,379.92|
|Total 1st Year Fees (Co-op)||$4,664.92|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2018 - 2019 International Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$7,342.97||$7,342.97|
|Program Compulsory Fee Plus Tax||$0.00||$0.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Charges Per Semester||$7,792.97||$7,717.97|
|Total 1st Year Fees (Non Co-op)||$15,510.94|
|Total 1st Year Fees (Co-op)||$15,795.94|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Language Requirements for International Students:
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
How you’ll gain skills
- Hands-on computer labs, case study analysis and role plays.
- Experiential learning through working with real-world, external clients.
The Agency is an experiential learning facility operating within the McKeil School of Business at Mohawk College. Students from a variety of programs including Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphics and Broadcast Media collaborate in developing real world marketing and communications solutions for selected non-profit organizations and start-up companies in the greater Hamilton area.
All projects with our client/partners are integrated into the curriculum and students are marked on what they do. They work under close faculty supervision as they develop effective marketing communications solutions relevant to meeting clear client objectives.
Co-op Format (Winter 2018 Intake)
|January to April||May to August||September to December|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Semester 4||Vacation||Semester 5|
|Work Term 1 (Co-op)||Work Term 2 (Co-op)||Work Term 3 (Co-op)|
Co-op Format (Effective Fall 2018)
|September to December||January to April||May to August|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Vacation|
|Semester 3||Semester 4||Vacation|
|Semester 5||Work Term 1 (Co-op)||Work Term 2 (Co-op)|
|Work Term 3 (Co-op)||Semester 6|
(which do not reflect individual experiences and exposures)
Work Term Capabilities
- Create and maintain social media pages
- Suggest messaging
- Design contests to engage users
- Create and update content using Adobe Suite Project Management
- Understand and update work back schedule Customer Service
- Provide phone or email support to clients
- Provide face-to-face support to clients
- Maintain a tracking system for customer feedback
- Customer service and sales
- Display set up and maintenance
- In-store merchandising
- Store level execution of promotions
- Conduct secondary marketing research
- Assist with primary research tool design
- Gather primary data (by conducting interviews or administering surveys)
- Input into focus group design logistics and administration
- Inside sales representative responsibilities including assisting with quotation preparations and preparing sales meeting materials
- Phone support for inbound and outbound telesales calls
- Assist with preparations including booking facilities, organizing materials and booking pre-show advertising
- Present company information to potential customers at the trade show venue
- Assist with the idea generation and planning for fund raising events
- Book venues and make other arrangements including arranging catering and ordering materials
Direct Mail Campaigns
- Assist with preparation of mailing lists and materials
- Assemble materials to be mailed
The three-year Marketing Program is designed to provide an appreciation of the marketing function and a comprehensive working knowledge of its theory and practical applications.
Marketing is a total system of business activities designed to plan, price, promote and distribute satisfying products, services and ideas to target markets in order to achieve the objectives of both the consumer and the organization.
Where you can go next
- Mohawk offers a diverse range of programs to further your studies**:
- View our pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices.
- Visit Pathways and Credit Transfer for degree completion opportunities outside of Ontario.
- See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Your future career options
- Marketing Program Coordinator
- Social Media Manager
- Product Manager
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Merchandising Manager
- Territory Manager and Inside Sales Representative
- National Account Representative
- Buyers and Purchasing Manager
Where you could work includes:
- Consumer and Durable Goods Manufacturing and Marketing
- Banking, Insurance and Financial Services
- Real Estate
- Not-for-Profit Organizations and Fundraising
Opportunities for grads
- Progress towards the Certified Sales Professional (CSP) designation from the Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA) after incorporating two years of relevant sales experience with academic training. For more information, visit cpsa.com.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for Business Administration - Marketing (362)
- Review the program learning outcomes for Business Administration - Marketing (366) - co-op
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on our programs, student life, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541
Do you have a project for our students?
If you or your organization has a marketing communications project that might be suitable for our students, please apply below. We will respond to you as soon as we can. Please note that we do not accept applications made directly to faculty or program coordinators. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).