Business Administration - Marketing - 362 - 366
- Co-op option offers a full year of work term placement (three consecutive four-month placements).
- Study with professors who have worked as marketing professionals and bring their expertise to the classroom.
- Upon completion of a common first semester, you may choose to transfer into second semester of one of the following programs:
- Business - Accounting (non co-op 316 or co-op 356)
- Business - Administration (632)
- Business Administration - Accounting (364)
- Business Administration - Human Resources (363)
- Business - Marketing (319)
- Business - Financial Services (303)
- Business - General (320)
- Insurance (318) (non co-op 318 or co-op 368)
Note: An additional requirement based on overall grades may be required to proceed into some programs.
What you’ll learn
- How to conduct market research and create marketing strategies for real clients.
- Verbal and written communication skills as you prepare reports and presentations.
- Web marketing strategies and tools.
- Use computer simulation to model an international product launch.
- Ethics and sustainability practices.
- Project management techniques.
- Adobe Creative Suite for Business, graphic and web design.
- Business-to-business marketing.
- Prepare a comprehensive marketing plan for an external business start-up.
3 academic years (periods of 8 months), plus optional co-op
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
Learn about program delivery terms.
Language Requirements for Applicants with English as a Second Language
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
- Successful completion of the GAS-English for Academic Purposes (478 or 278) program
- TOEFL minimum score of 550 (80 Internet based)
- or IELTS Academic minimum score of 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5
- More information about acceptable certificates, can be found on the International Admission Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English.
Tuition and Fees
2023 - 2024 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$864.60||$758.46|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
Total Domestic Charges Per Semester
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,331.14|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2023 - 2024 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$8,355.00||$8,355.00|
|Program Compulsory Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Per Semester||$8,805.00||$8,730.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$17,535.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
When it comes to paying for your education, investing in your future can be more affordable than you think. A Mohawk education is one of the most cost-effective means of acquiring the skills and knowledge you need to have a prosperous and rewarding career.
As you start on your chosen career path, it's important to have a realistic set of expectations regarding the expenses associated with attending college. In addition to your tuition fees, you will also need to budget for books, supplies, housing, and other related living expenses. You may be able to supplement your income and savings with scholarships, bursaries, or loans. It pays to do some research into what types of financial assistance you may qualify for.
Available Financial Assistance Resources:
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program - OSAP (domestic students only)
- Working on Campus
- Additional Sources of Funding
- Financial Assistance Home Page
Apply for Awards:
By submitting a Scholarships and Bursaries Application every semester, students have access to over $3 million in Mohawk College scholarships, bursaries and Ministry-partnered funding to help meet their financial needs.
Financial Literacy and Money Coaching:
Whether saving for school, sticking to a budget, or planning for a major purchase, financial literacy affects us all. That's why Mo' Money is committed to helping our students improve their money skills and become more confident with their money.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you’ll gain skills
- Working in student teams with real clients in Mohawk’s learning lab, The Agency, Mohawk’s student-run marketing and advertising agency.
- Through case study analysis, role playing, online simulations, and computer labs.
- Gain valuable experience during co-op work terms.
This co-op program has been accredited by CEWIL Canada. This represents the highest standard of achievement for co-op programs in Canada.
The Agency is an experiential learning facility operating within the McKeil School of Business at Mohawk College. Students from a variety of programs including Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphics and Broadcast Media collaborate in developing real world marketing and communications solutions for selected non-profit organizations and start-up companies in the greater Hamilton area.
All projects with our client/partners are integrated into the curriculum and students are marked on what they do. They work under close faculty supervision as they develop effective marketing communications solutions relevant to meeting clear client objectives.
Co-op Format (Winter Intake)
|January to April||May to August||September to December|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Semester 4||Vacation||Semester 5|
|Work Term 1 (Co-op)||Work Term 2 (Co-op)||Work Term 3 (Co-op)|
Co-op Format (Fall Intake)
|September to December||January to April||May to August|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Vacation|
|Semester 3||Semester 4||Vacation|
|Semester 5||Work Term 1 (Co-op)||Work Term 2 (Co-op)|
|Work Term 3 (Co-op)||Semester 6|
Co-op Delivery and Fees
This program has an optional co-op, as part of the program of study. The annual co-op fee structure can be found on the Tuition and Fees page.
For questions, please contact the Co-op Specialist listed at the bottom of the webpage.
Driver’s License and Vehicle
Please note that some co-op positions for this program require that students have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. The license requirement (G class, G2 class) varies by position. Some co-op positions may require students to commute.
Work Term Capabilities
- Create targeted paid advertisements on social media platforms
- Design social media content to engage users
- Develop social media marketing strategies and tactics
- Use appropriate Adobe Suite applications to support marketing communications
- Apply graphic design techniques and tools for custom communication
- Create and update a work breakdown structure
- Use project management software
- Create project documents to support project management phases
Sales and Customer Relationship Management
- Develop customer value propositions and go-to-market approaches
- Identify and contact prospective customers
- Present to prospects and manage customer relationships
- Assist in the development of a marketing research project
- Conduct secondary marketing research
- Assist with the development of surveys and focus groups
- Conduct focus groups and administer surveys
Direct Mail Campaigns
- Prepare mailing lists and materials and assist with targeting decisions
- Create, plan and implement fundraising events
The 3-year Business Administration – Marketing program provides students with a comprehensive understanding of marketing and its role in the business environment. Students solve marketing projects for real clients and hone their skills across both traditional and digital marketing platforms.
|Co-op Pay Range||Co-op Pay Average|
|Range: $16.55 - $22.50||Average: $18.50|
For further information, please contact:
Jaime Harris, Co-op Specialist
Email: jaime.harris [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: Business%20Administration-Marketing%20Co-op%20Inquiry) (Jaime Harris)
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for Business Administration - Marketing (362)
- Review the program learning outcomes for Business Administration - Marketing (366) - co-op
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- Account Manager
- Brand Manager
- Buyer and Purchasing Manager
- Communications Manager
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Marketing Program Coordinator
- Merchandising Manager
- National Account Representative
- Product Manager
- Social Media Manager
Where you could work includes:
- Consumer and Durable Goods Manufacturing and Marketing
- Banking, Insurance and Financial Services
- Real Estate
- Not-for-Profit Organizations and Fundraising
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program. *
- Business - Accounting
- Business (General)
- Business - Marketing
- Business - Financial Services
- Business Administration
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
- Human Resources Management
- Advertising and Marketing Communications Management
- Analytics for Business Decision Making
- Public Relations
- Supply Chain Management
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
Earn a degree:
- Robert Gordon University - Bachelor of Arts - International Business Management, Events Management, Fashion Management, International Hospitality Management, International Tourism Management, Management, Management with Marketing, or Media
- Technological University of the Shannon - Bachelor of Business Studies (Honours) in Marketing and Management
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541
Do you have a project for our students?
If you or your organization has a marketing communications project that might be suitable for our students, please apply below. We will respond to you as soon as we can. Please note that we do not accept applications made directly to faculty or program coordinators. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com