Computer Systems Technician - Software Support - 548 - 558
Students in the Computer Systems Technician - Software Support program will gain experience and knowledge in a broad range of computer applications, databases and software tools.
The program includes Cooperative Education - students can earn with paid work semesters.
- Gain experience and knowledge in a broad range of computer applications, databases and software tools
- Programming languages
- Project planning
- Technical writing
- Systems analysis
2 academic years (periods of 8 months), plus co-op
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 12 Mathematics, MAP4C ≥ 60%; or MCT4C; or any U or equivalent
- A working knowledge in computers and desktop applications is required for success in this program
Option are available for mature applicants.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
The Computer Systems Technician - Software Support Diploma program prepares students for long-lasting careers.
Industries of Employment:
- Technical and Information Services
- Professional Business and Financial Services
- Health Care Services
- Manufacturing Services
- Government and Education Services
- Business Systems Support
- Programmer, Web Developer
- Database Support
- Technical Writer
- Technical Support Specialist
- User Training
- Graduates can pursue further studies with a transfer to the third-year of the Computer Systems Technology - Software Development program.
- For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit Pathways and Credit Transfer.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.