Digital Health - 594
This program is designed for students with a prior credential in the fields of health, business or technology.
Design digital health solutions to improve patient care.
Create best practices in administering digital health solutions while protecting patient safety and privacy.
Participate in simulation labs where you will remotely monitor patients using digital health devices.
Engage in hands-on experiential learning in our state of the art labs facilitated by our expert faculty
Develop a comprehensive applied research project to address a current challenge in the digital health field.
Study using extensive online learning to fit your busy schedule
What you'll learn
- Examine the Canadian health care system with an emphasis on the systems, supports, and tools used in the province of Ontario.
- Develop, implement and evaluate digital health strategies and solutions that improve patient care.
- Respond to the digital health needs of patients and internal stakeholders.
- Recommend processes and procedures for maintenance and deployment of digital health solutions.
- Design and implement digital health solutions in compliance with current security policies, provincial standards, and industry regulations.
- Assess policies pertaining to privacy and security of personal health information and records including the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), and The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Apply data analytics principles to produce data visualizations and build predictive models of disease transmission and treatment outcomes in order to inform decision making.
- Design and recommend telehealth and virtual care systems for safe and efficient remote patient monitoring and interactions.
- Evaluate the use of digital health technologies for self-care and remote care.
New! Interested in studying two, 1 year programs? Now you can apply once and be admitted into the two programs of your choice. Available for international students only, more information can found on the International Twinning page.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour!
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
Domestic and International student admission requirements
- Ontario College Advanced Diploma, or Degree in Health, Business, Computer Science or related field.
- Or other equivalent post-secondary experience or qualifications will be considered by Mohawk.
Language Requirements for International Students:
See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL: 83 iBT
- CAEL: 169 (no band below 162)
- CLBT: 8 (no band below 8)
- PTE: 58 (no band below 51)
- GAS-EAP: Completion of level 8 of the General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes
- More information about acceptable certificates can be found on the International Admission Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
Tuition and Fees
2021 - 2022 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$781.08||$712.05|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$3,509.76||$3,440.73|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$6,950.49|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
2021 - 2022 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$8,600.00||$8,600.00|
|Program Compulsory Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Per Semester||$9,050.00||$8,975.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$18,025.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you'll gain skills
Instructor led labs that will demonstrate the theory.￼
Participate in simulation labs where you will utilize the latest digital health devices
Complete a capstone project that will allow you to demonstrate your skills in Mohawk’s new Digital Health Lab.
Learn from, and collaborate on, projects with our mHealth & eHealth Development and Innovation Centre (MEDIC) group
To learn more, please visit the Centre for Experiential Learning.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- Clinical Systems Analyst
- Information Systems Specialist
- Business Processes Analyst
- Health Records Manager
- Health Systems Technician
- Health Informatics Specialist
Where you could work
- Provincial Government & Public Health
- Research Institutions
- Medical Clinics
- Information Technology
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
Check out our mHealth & eHealth Development and Innovation Centre (MEDIC) at Mohawk College.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541