Insurance - 318 - 368
The Insurance Program is an Ontario College diploma offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton. Mohawk has over 40 years of experience in educating insurance professionals.
The Insurance Diploma program will give students the opportunity to discover the challenges of specific Insurance topics and experience field trips, guest speakers and attendance at industry events to make the learning experience exciting and relevant.
Fast Track allows students to complete a two-year Diploma program (non co-op) in 16 months. Students will start in January and be in school for four continuous semesters: Winter, Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter. Students will not be off during the summer.
- Mohawk has over 40 years of experience in educating insurance professionals. The Insurance industry provides awards and scholarships in the amount of $10,000 annually
- Discover the challenges of specific Insurance topics
- Experience field trips, guest speakers and attendance at industry events to make the learning experience exciting and relevant
- Students can prepare for professional designations from the Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario, Ontario Insurance Adjusters and the Insurance Institute of Canada
- Complete nine out of ten credits required for The Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation from the Insurance Institute of Canada on an accelerated basis
- Upon completion of a common first semester, students can choose to transfer into second semester of one of the following programs:
- Students must maintain an overall 70% GPA per semester in order to maintain co-op status and have no more than one failed or withdrawn course
Minimum requirements for admission to the Insurance Diploma program
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 11 Mathematics, C, M or U level or equivalent
Option are available for mature applicants.
Note: An additional requirement based on overall grades may be required to proceed into some of these programs.
Don't have the necessary requirements?
The Insurance Diploma program can lead to exciting career opportunities
Insurance careers may involve the following:
Industries of Employment:
- Insurance Companies
- General Business Organizations
- Life Insurance Companies
- Independent Adjusting Firms
- Brokerages and Agencies
- Claims Adjusters
- Risk Managers
- Company Field Representatives
- Fraud Investigators
- Students may choose to register for the CIP national exams at an additional cost in order to receive credentials awarded by the Institute
- For degree transfer/completion opportunities, visit Pathways and Credit Transfer
- In collaboration with IBAO, IBAH, Mohawk College is offering the graduating students of the Full-time Insurance Diploma Program of Mohawk College, McKeil School of Business an accelerated training program specifically designed to prepare students to challenge the RIBO Level I Licensing Entrance Exam.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Why Mohawk? Insurance Program Testimonials
What Employers Look For When Hiring Mohawk Grads
Cowan Insurance Group
KTX Insurance Brokers
Crawford and Company
Property & Inland Marine
Dufferein Mutual Insurance